Tom Tom Start frozen on start up screen?-help

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom Start Regional
Hi All,

I have a tom tom start regional, I have been trying to sort speed cameras out, in the last 10 mins I transfered some speed camera files from my tom tom one 3rd edition onto the start and now it is frozen on the start up screen, cannot turn off,cannot connect to Home.

Dont know what to do?, any help would be great!

Thanks

Jason

Try holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless that model has a dedicated reset hole

Hi Jason. One thing you can safely try is to "reset" the unit. I believe on your model you would need to hold the on/off button down for 15 - 20 seconds. Let us know if that does anything.

OK DHN, you beat me to it . . .

Many Thanks for the replies guys!, I have tried held down the on button for the suggested time and nothing-still frozen!

Hi guys,

Took it apart and found reset button,it resets itself but then flicks back to start screen and nothing, not sure if I have corrupted software or something?

jason

SuperMod Andy has written up an excellent list of "How-to's" in case of trouble HERE and you might want to consider trying the next steps.

Ask a Question