Firmware 7.903 Day/Night FLAW

For those who have upgraded to 7.903, can you see if you can manually (out of windscreen mount) switch to NIGHT mode (in preferences) ?

I sure as hell can't, and am pretty angry about this.

Multiple resets and off/on does not fix.

For those who have upgraded to 7.903, can you see if you can manually (out of windscreen mount) switch to NIGHT mode (in preferences) ?

Just a thought I had this happen to me ! I had my day & night mode both set with day mode screen and it was driving me crazy till I went in preferences / colour and realized what I had done. Not saying this is you situation but worth a check.

Just a thought I had this happen to me ! I had my day & night mode both set with day mode screen and it was driving me crazy till I went in preferences / colour and realized what I had done. Not saying this is you situation but worth a check.

Nope.

First of all, I've had day/night color "scenes" or "themes" (America and Antarctica) set since day 1.

Second, this is what happens:

1. Go into Preferences
2. Set "Use night colors"
[night colors come on for half a second]
[then it gets bright (brightness goes up), and day colors come back on]

UPDATE:

It was not the flash issue.

The only way I can get night mode to stay on is by going into DOCK PREFERENCES (yes dock prefs) and turn OFF "link headlights to night mode."

While my issue is when there is NO dock (undocked, at night), apparently there is a bug in the 7.903 software that I'm running into.

TomTom support was useless as usual.

Appreciate the feedback. I never see that option activated on my 720 so wouldn't have known about it.

I have a 910 with V7903. Mine is fine for day night. Just changed mine the other night and back again the next day.

Randy

I have a 910 with V7903. Mine is fine for day night. Just changed mine the other night and back again the next day.

1. Does "use day colors/mode" work when undocked and docked?
2. Do you have the v8.15 maps?

I've tried everything short of a complete restore.

1. Does "use day colors/mode" work when undocked and docked?
2. Do you have the v8.15 maps?

I've tried everything short of a complete restore.

Yes mine does work when docked or undocked in car.

I have v7.15 maps. It may be a problem with v8.15 maps

I have a questions for you: Does your 910 have IQ routing with the 8.15 maps? Can you verify thats its selectable and does work?

Randy

So the 8.15 maps are f'ing up the day/night thing - great.

And as per other post there are not IQ routes with x10. It is still the 7.x platform after all...

Ask a Question