Firmware update for newer TomTom devices

TomTom Model(s)
TT VIA 1605
I just connected my VIA 1605 to myTomTom and it offered a firmware update. The update went through without any issues. Who knows what is new with this version of the software?

Among other things:

1. The max speed again shows for models with 6" screens
2. The poi search range has extended from previous 50 miles to up to 1200 miles. Max of 96 listings will appear on screens now.
3. Twitter works again, I think.

Twitter on a 1605?

I think dhn can be allowed a "general list" :p (there's no Via with a 6" screen either is there?)

Version 12.071 for my Via-1435
(GO 800/1000/2000 series, GO LIVE Top Gear edition, Via series, Start 20 series, Start 60, Blue&Me TomTom 2 LIVE, Sony XNV, TomTom Connect)

• A choice of device reset has been added. You can now choose to reset the device while keeping settings including your Favourites, Recent Destinations and favourite POIs or you can do a full reset to remove all settings and locations.
  • Improvements to display of Speed Limits for Safety Cameras.
  • Search Radius for POI Searches has been increased to provide more extensive search results
  • Improvements to display of the age of Safety Camera data on device
  • Mapcodes have been removed for Chinese users due to legal reasons, but are still available in all other regions.
  • Irish GoCodes have been removed from the application due to contractual reasons.
  • Improvements to Czech Voices.
  • Fixes made for Mapshare Download functionality.
  • Support for Serbian and Bosnian languages.
  • Twitter functionality is working again.

Among other things:

1. The max speed again shows for models with 6" screens
2. The poi search range has extended from previous 50 miles to up to 1200 miles. Max of 96 listings will appear on screens now.
3. Twitter works again, I think.

Nice ..

I think dhn can be allowed a "general list" :p (there's no Via with a 6" screen either is there?)
Yes -- Our Via1605 is your Start60. Somewhere in the bowels of TTHQ, there's a guy who specializes in confusing everyone by coming up with stray numbers for worldwide use ...

Ask a Question