7.903 firmware

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
so i know that many, including myself, have had trouble with 7.903. i go to the tomtom website to look up firmwares and indeed the highest number posted is 7.902. i thought to myself, "self...looks like they yanked the buggy firmware!".

fast forward to recently when ran tomtom home and it said it recommends an upgrade. being skeptical, i click on more info. it says it wants to load version 7.903! what's going on? i thought it got yanked!

spoke to a tomtom tech support person. she said it was her understanding that it got fixed.

i tried loading the "new" update. upon starting up my tomtom, it crashed it even worse than before! now it gets stuck at the opening splash page! argh!!!

i've spent the last couple of days trying to bring it back to 7.162. it boots again but has a hard time finding a gps signal. i will fool around with it a little more, but at least it boots!

why does tomtom home continue to want to put on 7.903? anyone else had problems with this version? anyone else perfectly happy with 7.903? one of my original problems was that when i first put 7.903 on, it crashed and rebooted when i searched for POI (wal-mart of all things).

anyone know if they really are trying "to fix" it?

I've been perfectly happy with 7.903 on my one LE. Never used POI, just navigated to addresses.

GPS signal reception was terrible after the upgrade, but returned to normal after a pin reset.

They messed up 7.903 in regards to poi's. I had two poi's turned on to be displayed on the screen when I was near them, had to turn them both off. I can't search poi's, locks the unit up. Search on my username, there are a couple threads on 7.903. My opinion is this version is junk.

Good luck finding mention of 7.903 on tomtom.com.

Good luck finding mention of One LE on tomtom.com.

Good luck with TomTom support.

:mad:

Last edited:

Ask a Question