What is the latest map that can be installed on Go 700 (Navcore v 7.903)

TomTom Model(s)
GO 700, START 20
Hi, My existing map is Western Europe v 660.1219.
What would be the best practical combination ( Navcore version / Map version ) to update my system?
Thanks,
John

Your 700 had a 2.5GB hard drive, and I should imagine that you'll need to switch to a 'zoned' map now (you can't fit it all on there at once!), but the most current zoned map of Europe that lets you load half or more at a time (current version is 925 - a very long ways from 660!) should still work on your unit. TomTom has been very good about finding ways to keep even their oldest units updated with new maps, even in the face of increasing map size and some older units that were a bit skinny on memory.

7.903 was the last firmware released for the 700.

Your 700 had a 2.5GB hard drive, and I should imagine that you'll need to switch to a 'zoned' map now (you can't fit it all on there at once!), but the most current zoned map of Europe that lets you load half or more at a time (current version is 925 - a very long ways from 660!) should still work on your unit. TomTom has been very good about finding ways to keep even their oldest units updated with new maps, even in the face of increasing map size and some older units that were a bit skinny on memory.

7.903 was the last firmware released for the 700.
Thank you for the info............could I replace my existing Western Europe map for a "925 version" of United Kingdom & ROI, and if possible, which one?'
And how would I obtain the map, and install it !!!!!!
Regards,
John

If all you want is UK/ROI, you'll find it cheaper than the full European map set. At any rate, I think that all are at 925, or are about to be in a day or two. I haven't been following the release schedule closely enough, but they're due.

To purchase a new map, you'll want to use TomTom Home to work the magic. If you don't have a current version of that on your PC, let us know what you're using (PC or Mac) and we can point you to a current copy at TomTom for download.

Last edited:

Ask a Question