What is the Navcore appllication for my TOM TOM 903

TomTom Model(s)
930T
What is the Navcore appllication for my TOM TOM 930

What is the latest version of Navcore appllication for my TOM TOM 930 ?

Where is the url which I can download it ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes it is the 930.
So I have a 8 gb. sd card now and wish to operate from
my new sd. What do I have to do to make it read everything from my new sd card with 8.351 version?
Since the internal memory is small it doesn't fit all the North America and Europe maps after updated over a year ago.

I will extract all the files from 8.351 Navcore cab to my new sd card and copy the back up folders for Northamerica and Europe maps from old sd card to new.
What other folders should I copy from my old sd card to new one ? Like saved waypoints and POI etc..

It should work after the copy all these to sd card and boot up my Tom Tom 930 from sd card with 8.351 Navcore version?

Thanks.

I'll assume you mean 930.

The latest (though 19 months old!!!) is 8.351 and can be dl here

I'm surprised everything didn't fit with the upgrades a year ago.

Be that as it may, if you extract the 8.351 cab file to the sdhc card, then the unit will bott from there. Then you can copy the NA and European maps there as well.

Your custom poi files are in the specific map folder as are your favourites in the mapsettings.cfg file

I'm surprised everything didn't fit with the upgrades a year ago.
The V840 maps for Western_Europe which is around 12 months old had ballooned to 2,07GB and this was enough to take it above the available storage capacity for all the necessary files and both sets of maps.

Even when released the 930 was rather short of spare capacity.

To be honest I would leave the Navcore and all other files folders on the device memory and simply put the map folders on the SDHC card, its much easier and won't affect the way the device works as it shares the two memory locations (internal Flash memory and external storage card) simultanously - Mike

So it will work with just the 2 folder maps on my new sd card ?

Thanks.

The V840 maps for Western_Europe which is around 12 months old had ballooned to 2,07GB and this was enough to take it above the available storage capacity for all the necessary files and both sets of maps.

To be honest I would leave the Navcore and all other files folders on the device memory and simply put the map folders on the SDHC card, its much easier and won't affect the way the device works as it shares the two memory locations (internal Flash memory and external storage card) simultanously - Mike

So it will work with just the 2 folder maps on my new sd card ?
Yes, and that is the easiest way to acheive what you want, as it saves moving loads of other files and folders from the internal memory to the SDHC - Mike

I wanted Kate's voice (British accent voice)

At the moment it is in LoquendoTTS folder in SD card, just have that voice (files) in that folder.

But when I choose her voice it wouldn't work, just the voices
of Susan English u.s., Spain Soledad, and French Canada
works when I change to their voices. The voices which work
are in LoquendoTTS folder in internal memory.

So how I can make it so all the voices will work whatever I choose ?

I suspect it is not working since I didn't copy all the files need from old sd card which had some files for changing voices to make it work ?

Thanks.

Yes, and that is the easiest way to acheive what you want, as it saves moving loads of other files and folders from the internal memory to the SDHC - Mike

Last edited:
FWIW, if Home thinks it sees the Kate voice, I'd use Home to delete that voice, then using Home's feature for "Add Traffic, Voices, Safety Cameras, etc..", go ahead and download it again.

For whatever reason, Loquendo voices on a sd card do not work with units that do have sd slots. All computer voices should reside on internal storage.

When I bought it new over a year ago, it didn't have enough internal memory space when tried to update both North American and European maps. Had to share space with sd card or buy a high density sd card with more memory. It didn't even come with a sd card.

It is rather daft that they make a gps and internal memory not enough to update both North America and Western European maps when I just bought it new.

I understand they don't sell 930 Go gps anymore ?
Maybe that is why.
What is the latest comparable new version of this model that they sell which has both North America and Europe maps ?
How much they sell for in Canada ? I know U.K. always expensive to buy gps there, maybe their prices have gone down these days?
And do they make it this time so internal memory will have enough internal memory space to update both North American and European maps or still need to put on to sd card ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hang onto that 930 and live with the idea of using an SD card for the maps. It's a good unit and has features that have since been dropped from newer models. The successor models like the 940 are not sold in North America (don't know, don't ask).

The 540 WTE initially comes with both North_America and Western_Europe maps.

But, if you update the Europe maps, there is not enough room for the entire new map and you'll only be able to load Zones on to your unit.

So how I can make it so all the voices will work whatever I choose ?

The LoquendoTTS folder must be in the same spot as the rest of the application. (eg: app and loquendoTTS on SD, or app and loquendoTTS on internal)

Ask a Question