• Mapconfig fix worked

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Cab file manual extraction worked

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Neither worked

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
Question

Will this method also work if the backed-up version is the old 7.05 mapsettings.cfg?

If not, is there anyway I can geet this one file to get my unit working again?

Mark W

Will this method also work if the backed-up version is the old 7.05 mapsettings.cfg?

If not, is there anyway I can geet this one file to get my unit working again?

Mark W

I have my boubts, since VR needs firmware version 7.221 at least,

you can still try.. just make sure you have a safe backup of the current mapsettings file to place it back to it's place if it goes wrong

Did you need the pin reset or was it good to go with just the mapsettings.cfg file from 7.221?

Oh and just to let you know..
with version 7.48, once the mapsettings.cfg from 7.221 has ben used,
there is no more need for the support_asr.dat file.
It is not in my ASR folder on the device and still works

Now that VR is solved

What i find upon using the device:

1. When you go above speed limit, it's now a red background all around the speed section in the menu bar, not only the speed you are going at that gets red..
  2. The device takes longer to boot up.. i need to push the power button longer before it starts up.
  3. Satelite bars have changed, wich leaves more space in the bar for other infos.
  4. Trafic bar green dot now shows where it's at in refresh delay, so if refresh is set at 10 minutes, it will update a quarter circle from grey to green every 3 minutes 20 secs...
  5. Trip calculations seems to take a little more time, and it changes a bit of the road from work to base in my case.
Some further testing on process..

but so far so good;)

Does your Operate My Go still work in TTHome with firmware 7.48 and mapsettings.cfg from 7.221?

Bug in v7.48!

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but for whatever reason, the street names would not show on my TT. Let me explain, streets that are vertical would NOT show street names, while streets that are horizontal would show names. There's a street that's diagonal to mu current GPS position and I took my GPS "for a spin" (in order to confirm this) and while driving on this "diagonal" road, none of the streets would show street names!

I went back and forth between v7.48 & v7.221, Clear Flash, soft reset, hard reset, etc., and no luck. Finally I called TT CS and after spending an hour and 15min on the phone, they said that there is nothing that they can do for me. They did, however, acknowledge that there is a bug in the new app version and a new fix is due to come out "early next week"...

Just my 2 cents on the new app...

It did work in my case with 7.48 on a PC, not on a Mac
still works on PC with the 7.221 config.. mac not resolved tho..

Somebody in a different TT site said he tried the replacing of the mapsettings.cfg file and it did NOT work for him. I wonder whether it is the combination of replacing the file AND removing the support_asr.dat file that is required to get VR working again.

Wanna be another guinea pig? :) :) :)

Somebody in a different TT site said he tried the replacing of the mapsettings.cfg file and it did NOT work for him. I wonder whether it is the combination of replacing the file AND removing the support_asr.dat file that is required to get VR working again.

There you go:
Just tested twice
At my end the support.asr file has no effect,VR works with or without it

oink oink!;)

There you go:
Just tested twice
At my end the support.asr file has no effect,VR works with or without it

oink oink!;)

Think he's running into issues on a Mac. You seem to say that everything appears ok on a pc, correct?

When the dust has settled and somebody has finally managed out how to reliably upgrade the firmware and keep the VR, can they update the article in the Sticky Thread?

-- Darrell (not quite brave enough to try it... just yet :eek: )

VR

Just copied the Mapsettings.cfg file from my backup from 7.221 to my desktop after upgrading to the new firmware 7.40. Which folder do I copy the old Mapsettings.cfg file for the Voice recognition to work and do I have to delete the ASR folder or the ASR support file.

Thanks

Sorry, that did not work for me.
Back to 7.221 for me (at least for now).

Tried all suggested things in this post and still no go for VR on my 720 :(
Hopefully a way will be found to get it back in the near future.

Step By step Procedure

This is until the next update gets releaded,

1- do a full backup of your 7.221, i'd suggest via windows explorer rather than from Home

2- Apply the update to 7.48 using home

3-Once the update is done, in windows explorer copy the file named MapSettings.cfg wich is located in /tomtom drive/mapname folder to your desktop.

4-get the mapsettings.cfg that is in the mapname folder in your BACKUP folder and copy it into the device mapname folder.

That's what worked for me

Last edited:
so I assume auto-on with power on isn't fixed...?

I assume the new firmward doesn't cause TomTom to turn itself on when you connect external power still...?

Ask a Question