Error - No Maps Found

TomTom Model(s)
XL
I've been having the error for more than two weeks
What I've done to Date
Completely Uninstalled and Reinstalled both App & Map from (Don't ask how many times) Device plus Computer - running from a fixed line
Reset the Device
Installed Clear Flash
I've logged a call with the support desk and they put me back to step 1 and continue doing that til it works
I've purchased a new map and installed it
Still sitting with the error
No Maps Found!

Need help - please - getting no where fast and no way of getting myself found with out maps
:mad:

Use Explorer and look at the contents of the specific map folder on your unit. Look for a file with the extension of <mapname>meta.dct

Assuming you are on a PC, ensure that extensions for known file types ARE showing.

If you do NOT see a file by that name, look here:

c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

That's where your downloaded compressed map resides. Open it with WinRar and the contents of the cab file will include, among other things, an Activation.cab file. Open THAT and extract the file within to the specific map folder on your unit.

Also...........

What model do you have and what application is installed on the unit?

Ask a Question