Enough space?

TomTom Model(s)
Xl
I am new to the forum and do not have a great understanding of GPS devices. I have a One Xl with a map of Australia and Southern Europe. I will be travelling to Europe in a few weeks and spending time in Germany which is not included in my Southern Europe map. If I purchase a new Western Europe map is it likely that I will have enough space to load it on the devise? If not what would you suggest that I do?

If I purchase a new Western Europe map is it likely that I will have enough space to load it on the devise? If not what would you suggest that I do?
Because of limited memories TomTom does sell smaller maps, zoned areas.
Unless someone here comes up with first hand experience I suggest you check the web page to see what is offered for your model.

Subtle point but important....For Europe they DON'T sell the actual zoned maps individually.

They sell a full Europe map, but if you have limited space then you can only install a zoned part of it. You are free to change the installed zone at any time.

Noraville.... the easiest way to find out what maps are available for a particular model, is to go to the TomTom website, find the map purchase page, enter your model name or your serial number and see what you are offered.

If you need to remove the existing maps to make space, either TomTom Home will offer to do it for you, or you can just move the entire map folders off the device and onto somewhere safe on your PC.

Subtle point but important....For Europe they DON'T sell the actual zoned maps individually.

They sell a full Europe map, but if you have limited space then you can only install a zoned part of it. You are free to change the installed zone at any time.
Yup, couldn't remember how it went exactly as I have plenty of space on mine.

I know that France and Iberia are available individually and others mentioned DACH (Germany, Austria & Switzerland).

Ask a Question