Not enough memory space

TomTom Model(s)
V1605
I have recently purchased the V1605 tom tom. And I purchased the Europe Map yesterday but not able to download it because of insufficient memory. I had to delete the US,Canada,Mexico Map (2.8GB) before I can download the Europe Map (2.7GB). There is only 472.38MB memory space left. Does it mean I can only have one Map at a time?

I have recently purchased the V1605 tom tom. And I purchased the Europe Map yesterday but not able to download it because of insufficient memory. I had to delete the US,Canada,Mexico Map (2.8GB) before I can download the Europe Map (2.7GB). There is only 472.38MB memory space left. Does it mean I can only have one Map at a time?
Even if the memory in your 1605 is almost full, you can add a micro-SDHC card to the GPS. Additional maps will be stored on the card and can be used as if they were in the main memory. More knowledgeable people than me have suggested that a Class 6 or faster card should be used. It takes only a moment to switch between a map on the card and a map in the device memory, using a menu item on the GPS.

I don't have a 1605, so I cannot speak from personal experience about that device. However, I can say that I have several maps on my GO LIVE 1535, with two on a Class 10 micro-SDHC card, and I see no difference in performance between a map on the card and a map in the memory of the device itself.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Yes, there is a slot for uSD on the Via 1605, and yes, a Class 6 or better card of 4GB will allow the OP to retain his US maps while adding the European map to the uSD card.

Yes, there is a slot for uSD on the Via 1605, and yes, a Class 6 or better card of 4GB will allow the OP to retain his US maps while adding the European map to the uSD card.
Personally, I would get a uSDHC card that is larger than 4GB. The prices have dropped enough that the cost difference would be small, and this would provide additional protection against the constantly increasing sizes of the maps as time goes by.

Tom Tom is now compensating for that growth by issuing regional maps, but if you want to host all of the regions on your machine at the same time, more memory will still be needed.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question