Easyport Mount

TomTom Model(s)
Go920
Hi,

Just curious in regards to the new mount. How does everyone feel about the new mounting system? Is it a step forward or back?

Certainly a heck of a lot better than the mounts that are permanently fixed to the unit (ala GO1535), but nothing was easier than the old docks of the x40 series.

imho they stick easier than the old mounts , but what is even better to slide the tom tom in a brodit proclip & tt holder (no i do not have shares there)

i like the easymount a lot on most of the goodies i have the easymount is easyly clicked on to and the mount is easy to (you only need some force to press it on the window and turn it to lock with a other hand

Ditto. I'd give the EasyPort better marks than the 720/920 style mount. In the 720/920 era, you depended entirely upon how well you could apply the device and release the pressure. I used these for a long time, but it took a while to get the hang of having them stick if they were removed/replaced very often. These days, the twist/suction devices seem to do a better job holding things to where they're stuck.

That said, I'd still take the old x20/x30 style over the new integrated mounts. Too damned short on the arm, and have to be removed and replaced any time you want to take your unit out of the car.

My five-penyworth.....

I loved the way the old Gox20/x30 mount fixed to the unit itself. Very quick and simple. But the"push on" suction pads were pretty poor.

The "twist lock" versions of the suction pad have got better and better, and that part of it is now pretty near perfect I reckon.

But the other end where it connects to the device is still not great and they change it for every model!

The Gox40/x50 was by far the best to my mind, with a positive latch to lock it on, but a simple push to lift it off.
The magnetic clip for the Go1000/2000 is clever, but looks very messy.

the Easyport mount (the one fixed to the back permanently) is a pain in the behind - very fiddly to fix to the windscreen, especially with a 5" model (or larger.....)

I actually like the 'easy port' mount. I leave it on the car's windshield up high next to RV mirror (in tinted area where no one sees the mount from outside) and easily mount the TT when needed.

My preference is for the magnetic mount. You can first hook the usb cable to the mount and then simply drop the unit onto the mount and into the usb cable.

I actually like the 'easy port' mount. I leave it on the car's windshield up high next to RV mirror (in tinted area where no one sees the mount from outside) and easily mount the TT when needed.

In that case, there's definitely some confusion here about what sort of mount we are talking about.

There's this sort (let's call it "Easyport removable"

easyport_mount_kit_overviewtcm131-2582_100.jpg
Accessories_OverviewPage_EasyPort-Mount-Kit-GOtcm131-3033_100.jpg

Or this sort: ("Integrated"?)

3366_03.jpg

I've seen both referred to as "Easyport" before now.

@thundercraft.... It's your topic.. Which type did you mean when you said "new" mount?

I always thought that only the top one was called the "EasyPort" mount. I don't know what they call that disaster in the bottom illustration. I guess "The Integrated Disaster" mount is as apt as anything. Nothing "easy" about it.

I guess "The Integrated Disaster" mount is as apt as anything.

rofl.gif

Forevermore, I shall think of it as the "IDM" as I struggle to get both hands round the back of the unit to fit the damned thing

In that case, there's definitely some confusion here about what sort of mount we are talking about.

There's this sort (let's call it "Easyport removable"

easyport_mount_kit_overviewtcm131-2582_100.jpg
Accessories_OverviewPage_EasyPort-Mount-Kit-GOtcm131-3033_100.jpg

Or this sort: ("Integrated"?)

3366_03.jpg

I've seen both referred to as "Easyport" before now.

@thundercraft.... It's your topic.. Which type did you mean when you said "new" mount?

I meant the "Integrated" model. Did not know there was two types?? What model did the "removable" come on? The bottom one to me would be a struggle I would think and that is why I asked the question.

I meant the "Integrated" model. Did not know there was two types?? What model did the "removable" come on? The bottom one to me would be a struggle I would think and that is why I asked the question.
The bottom one IS a struggle to install, plus the only place that it is practical to mount in my car is too far away for me to conveniently reach the screen of the GPS while driving. In my eyes, it is a terrible design.

That's why one of the first things that I did with the GPS was to remove the mount by extracting the ball from the socket on the back of the GPS. I replaced it with the ball of a third-party mount that slips into the cup-holder of my car and places the GPS in a very convenient location. It's also very easy to install the mount and GPS when I get into the car, and very easy to remove when I leave the car.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Now that I have three different nav units running again, I'm really thinking of swapping out the original integrated mount on my GO1535 for another. What I'd like to have is something more akin to the old GOx40 style mount, but I know that isn't going to happen. Is there a decent alternative and removable suction style mount out there anywhere? I'm not looking to switch to an air vent or dash mount or similar, just a DECENT suction mount with an arm as long as the older models had that permit some decent range of adjustment angle.

Ask a Question