Easyport Mount Difficulties

Hi

First time using my xmas pressie with an emergency call out tonight and wasted precious minutes trying to fit the TT into the mount....every time I tried to adjust the screen position or indeed just touch the screen the bloody thing popped back out!

After about an hour of exhaustive research, I can't find any tips about actually snapping the TomTom into the Easyport Mount! Lots about suction, which I have no problem with.....has anybody else had this problem, and what did you do?

Am now thinking it may be broken, although i did eventually get some kind useable position! Just seems really badly designed, or am I being stupid?

Any help or just reassurance would be very welcome!

Happy New Year

Which model?
Is it a "One" where the mount has a ring which clips around the loudspeaker on the back? Those are about the trickiest to clip on, there are three little metal tabs around the ring,which all have to be sprung into place. I always feel it's about to break!
Must admit, I hate the easyport mount.

Which model?
Is it a "One" where the mount has a ring which clips around the loudspeaker on the back? Those are about the trickiest to clip on, there are three little metal tabs around the ring,which all have to be sprung into place. I always feel it's about to break!
Must admit, I hate the easyport mount.

oh dear, yes this is the one! Do you just have to use force?

Not force so much as the 'technique' of having the front of the screen on your lap, rotating the ring with the thumbs on both hands. When you get to a point of a metal tab, as Andy refers to, use both thumbs to 'snap the ring to the unit. Then, continue with the process of rotating the ring, snapping the tab and rotating the ring till the 3rd tab is snapped.

Not force so much as the 'technique' of having the front of the screen on your lap, rotating the ring with the thumbs on both hands. When you get to a point of a metal tab, as Andy refers to, use both thumbs to 'snap the ring to the unit. Then, continue with the process of rotating the ring, snapping the tab and rotating the ring till the 3rd tab is snapped.

Ah thanks very much! Most useful advice yet! I'll have a practise and I'm sure it'll come right....

Best wishes to you

It's definitely easier to mount the ring onto the device BEFORE you attach the mount to the windscreen.

but then it gets more fiddly to get your hands round the back to fix the sucker to the screen!

That's why I don't like that mount design much.

If it really bugs you after a while, maybe there's a third-party mount that would suit you better?

Ask a Question