Easyport mount keeps coming away from main unit

I'm hoping this is just the way it has been (poorly) designed but I find the easyport mount for my TT One IQ comes off the main unit very easily when I try to adjust the viewing angle when it's attached to the windshield. I also sometimes have it come apart in my hands if I try to fold it back down after I finish a journey. Is it supposed to be like that? I find it difficult to understand that something so fundamental can be so frustrating to use.

I find you really do need 2 hands to totally snap the unit completely into the easy port ring.

I find you really do need 2 hands to totally snap the unit completely into the easy port ring.

Yes I agree, but what I'm asking is once it's snapped back into the ring whether it should be coming away from the unit so easily when attempting to adjust the viewing angle or closing it down to put it away?

No, it shouldn't.........my point is that it is easy to think you have it fully attached when it is not.

Have you looked at this link? Including the video?

It is fully attached but the ball-socket is incredibly stiff to adjust, even with 2 hands. I guess it's because it's brand new but I would hope it loosens up a bit with time?

Spray a little "Pledge" polish on to the ball and work the mount, this will reduce the friction making it easier to move - Mike

Last edited:
It is fully attached but the ball-socket is incredibly stiff to adjust, even with 2 hands. I guess it's because it's brand new but I would hope it loosens up a bit with time?

I normally hold both the ring and Gps when i need to adjust ..
My $.02 ...

Just make sure your thumbs are NOT pressing on the glass itself when doing so..........

Too late ....LOL i did it a couple of times already .....
I'm good at it now ...
Thanks for "Heads-up"

I think I broke my easyport mount, I've got the ring fully seated perfectly flush to the back of the unit and I can adjust up and down with no problem, but as soon as I make the slightest movement side to side the unit pops out of the mount. This has already led to the unit ending up on the floor of the car while driving.

I've checked out these forums and the TT "support" site, but haven't found any solutions. Is there a way to permanently attach the mounting ring to the back of the unit and still maintain adjustability.

I've finally got a TomTom XL340S that works well with good features and I'm afraid to exchange it for a new one and start all over again.

I've already tried watching the video on the TT website, that was useless, and I tried lubricating the Ball to loosen everything up, but the slightest side to side pressure still releases the unit from the mount.

You can release some of the pressure from the ball joint by flicking out the rubber caps in the top corners above the hinge point of the mount, this offers access to the philips head screws holding the socket portion together, back ONE of the screws out by quarter of a turn and try the mount again, if its still too tight back the other screw out by a similar ammount then replace the rubber caps, reducing the pressure on the ball joint reduces the friction making it easier to move side to side, reduce it too much though and the Easy Port Mount will become "floppy" - Mike

bad design

my xl340s fell out of its easy port mount as i drve over a bump. yes! the unit was inserted properly and it wasnt a very big bump. i had only had the unit for 5 days and tried to retun it to the deale cause the screan cracked when it fell. the dealer would not take it back saying if the mount was bad i sould have retuned it before it broke. what a load of crap. i called Tomtom support and they will send me a new unit as it is covered for 30 days for accidental breakage . ya! Tomtom. maybe mine was defective cause i found it came out of its mount way to easy.

Ask a Question