Arkon EasyPort mount sloppy/lousy fit.

I have a TomTom XXL 540 Gps. I bought an Arkon TTEP115 mount with the EasyPort adapter ring from Canada GPS. The EasyPort ring fits very sloppy. I contacted Canada GPS and they told me to get in touch with Arkon.

I left a message on the Arkon website under customer service 3 days ago and heard nothing. I left a message at customer service again this morning and also with the sales. I have not heard back at all.

Is Arkon customer service friendly and do they really get back to the customer? Has anyone else had any problems with sloppy fit?

The ring is very sloppy and the GPS unit shakes when I hit a bump. I have a really cheap Nextec mount from Radio Shack that fits tight but there is not enough adjustment to put the GPS where I want it.

I do not know why Canada GPS did not stand behind they sold me.

Yep, had the very same experience with the Arkon easy-mount adapter. My TT would fit pretty loosely in the mount to the point I didn't trust it NOT to fall out. I added some black GAF tape in about 3 places to tighten the fit up some ? but still wasn't perfect. I went back to the orginal TT easy mount.

Thanks Rick, I was wondering if I was the only one. I finally heard back from Arkon and Canada GPS. They both stated that this is the first they have heard of this problem.

However Arkon had promised to send me another ring. I will report back here when I get it.

Are there any Arkon EasyPort users out there that have gotten a good fit?

Durk

I use a Pro-Clip with the iPhone "Car-Kit" accessory ball which can accept the TomTom supplied easy port mount. It provides a very sturdy mounting solution:

The mount attached in the car:

What it looks like with the device attached:

If you want more details on how this is achieved post back as I have plenty of pictures, you do do this type of dash mount for the following TomTom products:

All x20
All x30
All x40
All x50
All Easy Port
One XL
One Third Edition
iPhone car kit
Start/ Ease
Go-1000

- Mike

Mike:

That looks excellent, nice and sturdy. My problem is that I drive a Venture van. I have a reccessed area on the dashboard. I need a bracket that I can adjust upward and forward. The Arkon bracket is perfect but their ring is not.

I was just in Radio Shack, called The Source here in Canada. I picked up a SCOSCHE dashDOCK. It has a longer neck and a TIGHT TomTom EasyPort adapter.

The rear view shows how the ring can be offset for adjustment. The hood is a homemade hood that just slips over the unit and fits snug. It is made of a single piece of aluminum.

Attachments

• Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 501
  • Rear View.jpg
    Rear View.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 664
  • Hood Attached.jpg
    Hood Attached.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 480

Ask a Question