Easyport Mount

But arent you left with that adapter sticking out of your gps? Do you put it in a case after your done with it?

I meant the "Integrated" model. Did not know there was two types?? What model did the "removable" come on? The bottom one to me would be a struggle I would think and that is why I asked the question.
The bottom one IS a struggle to install, plus the only place that it is practical to mount in my car is too far away for me to conveniently reach the screen of the GPS while driving. In my eyes, it is a terrible design.

That's why one of the first things that I did with the GPS was to remove the mount by extracting the ball from the socket on the back of the GPS. I replaced it with the ball of a third-party mount that slips into the cup-holder of my car and places the GPS in a very convenient location. It's also very easy to install the mount and GPS when I get into the car, and very easy to remove when I leave the car.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Apart from a really funky gooseneck design (overkill), this is the only one I've seen there that was even close, and it looks a bit like overkill, too. Maybe I'll order one up just to see what the adjustability is and whether it could even solve my problem. http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/ttv114.htm

It appears that I'd need to mount it sideways to make it happen, and they do NOT specify the diameter of the suction device, and that's part of the key to my mounting situation. The diameter of the mount on the GO1535 and the 740 dock is absolutely as big as I can handle, and even then, the suction device has to manage a slight compound curve.

But arent you left with that adapter sticking out of your gps? Do you put it in a case after your done with it?
With my GO LIVE1535, I never bother to detach the mount from the GPS. I just pull the entire assembly from the cup holder, including the CLA charger and cable, and either put everything in the trunk of the car, or take it into the house. This is not only easy to do, but has the advantage of not leaving the mount and cable visible to provide an incentive for some thief to break into the car with the expectation of finding the GPS under the seat, or in the glove compartment.

The mount that I use can be seen at: http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/ttv123.htm

It's made by Arkon, and is widely available. In my case, I originally bought it for use with my XXL540, which uses the very nice Easyport attachment system shown in an earlier post.

If you look at the illustration at the link I just provided, you will see that this is a two-piece assembly. The goose-neck is common to mounts for a variety of devices, and the ball-on-a-stalk is an adapter to fit the GO LIVE 1535. I just swapped that adapter for an Easyport adapter that came with the mount when I bought it for use with my XXL540.

This mount is very satisfactory for my purposes when used in my 1995 Taurus, but does not do as well in some other vehicles where the cup holder is in a different location. For example, I would not consider it a good choice for use in my son's 2008 Scion TC.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Ask a Question