Did the Latest Map Guarantee work for you?

It did not work for me! I bought the xl325se at Wally world on Black Friday. When I use the LMG menu in Home, it says I have the most current map. But my device says map is 835.2423. I thought the newest map is 840.xx? Any help anyone?

Make sure you have the latest application for your unit. Connect to Home and see if you get an advisory that a newer app is available

Call support at 866-486-6866 and let them know LMG is not working for you. Unfortunately :)mad: ), they are well used to this type of call.

dhn, what do you mean by the latest application? Are you talking about the latest version of Home? If so, how do you tell?

No, the latest firmware for your unit. If you don't have the latest, Home will offer it to you. Or should.

No, the latest firmware for your unit. If you don't have the latest, Home will offer it to you. Or should.

It doesn't offer it and based on others here posting a newer version and the CS rep saying I had the latest has me now worried. Mine is App 8.082 (9667/090715) OS: 316116...

It doesn't offer it and based on others here posting a newer version and the CS rep saying I had the latest has me now worried. Mine is App 8.082 (9667/090715) OS: 316116...

Call back for a different rep, that rep was incorrect - latest map is 840. Whether map 840 works without bricking a 325SE is another story...

The Latest Map Guarantee worked for me when I did it. My TomTom XXL 540S came with map version 835.2419 and updated to 840.2568. The download and install process was painfully slow however it took around 6 hrs. I ended up going to sleep and waking up later when it was done. This is on basic DSL service. Good thing I don't have dial-up anymore or else it would still be downloading. :)

Can't argue that............:(

What is happening -- or not happening -- when you try for the LMG?

A "Thank-you" from a new TT owner .

Can't argue that............:(

What is happening -- or not happening -- when you try for the LMG?

Thanks to you guys .....I repared a list what to do before i plugging my tt to computer ...
and It went smoothly ..."New map V 840-2568"
Thanks again ....You rock

Is there different map versions for the different units. Mine says 840.2561 a little different than the post above me.

When you purchase a new map will the old one be overwritten or do you have to remove the old one first?

Is there different map versions for the different units. Mine says 840.2561 a little different than the post above me.

When you purchase a new map will the old one be overwritten or do you have to remove the old one first?

The old map on your device usually is overwritten.

I'd back-up and save it If i were you ....

I'd have to No but not for the same reason as the poll suggests. In my case I clicked on Latest Map & it came up in TT home showing the USA & Europe for my 930 both selected. I did actually cont TT for some information then I proceed to do the update. It downloaded both the maps ok but then failed to install to my 930 :confused: the error message was that I didn't have enough free space in C:\Temp to install the update.
On my Pc (quite old by todays standards) running W2K I know that I should upgrade but I can make it sing & dance when I want & it does what I want. I have 2 hard disks & these are partitioned (something that doesn't seem to fashionable any more) My C:\ drive isn't that big & I only tend to have the windows system files on there & anything I can't install onto one of my other drives so I'm lucky if I can get 1Gb free. On my other drives I am ok for space & I set the defaults to use my E:\ drive which it did for downloading the maps & I can see them there after about 5 hours downloading.

I spoke to TT support & I asked could I just copy the downloaded maps to my laptop which I have also set up with TT Home & then continue with the update but he didn't seem to think that would work. He did say that if I log on with my laptop it should still see that I haven't yet updated my maps & I should be able to do the download again so I will try that later today. My laptop is running windows Vista :):)mad: really hate it) & that has plenty of space on the C:\ drive.

Is there anyway I can force TT to use a different temp folder for the install & how much space does it need, I suppose I could change my C:\temp folder to something else, something I haven't done for ages think it is somewhere in the win.ini file that defines where the Temp folder is.

In Home, there are settings for the folder locations, including downloads. Try adjusting that setting and try again.

I had the settings to use my E:\ drive for everything, which it did until it came to the installation onto the 930 then it uses a temp file on the C:\ drive. I can find nowhere where I can alter this.

I tried the update on my laptop, I decided to just try doing the Europe map. About half way through it seemed to crash & the download time kept rising (problem with my router I think). I spoke to TT support & he suggested aborting this wiping the files downloaded & re-trying. I did the map update again, after about 2 hours it started to intal to my device. THEN it stopped reporting I needed another 1.7 mb free space on my Tomtom .:confused::confused::confused: Why didn't it tell me this before waiting for 2+ hours again. The outcome is I have a brand new Tomtom 930 (haven't used it in anger yet) the Europe maps now won't work, I have the update for the Europe map on my PC & my laptop.

I cleared off the music files about 20 mb that were already on there (I don't want an mp3 player I just want a satnav) & the audiobooks (again I don't want these) & it shows I have 30.8 mb free. How can I get it to continue the map update, hopefully without downloading it all again. TT home only shows the USA map available to download. In TT Home it shows the Europe map 2127mb there but the only option is to delete?? Awaiting a reply from TT again on what to do.

Ask a Question