Cure for not having a speaker

Snorebaby, On the TTR2 I beileve it has four or five gold connection points that touch some other connection points in the car cradle and that is how the connection is made. I do not have a TTR2 Car kit, so I am just guessing. It could very well be a BT thing. From what I hear your Goldwing setup is stereo, is this true?

I am not familiar with the Goldwing setup, but if it currently allows you to use a BT phone, then you have less to even think about here. The Phone will pair with the TTR2 and then the TTR2 pairs with the headset in sort of a daisy chain mode. The phone takes presidence over the TTR2, if you are on the phone you will not hear directions.

I actually have a Scala Rider FM so on top of all of this I can listen to music and use the other features as well. Even though there are 2 speakers the sound is mono. I will be using a MP3 player and a FM transmitter on days that I don't want commercials, or on those longer rides that I look forward to taking.

Let us know how you make out with things.

Thanks Tom! I figured the connections were like that :(

The Goldwing is an 85 and I use cords to connect my headset and intercom system. They run through the factory junction box. My factory setup includes: AM/FM Cassette stereo with intercom and a 40 channel CB. I can talk to my passenger (the mic's are always open) and this will mute the radio. Also the CB is set up so if I receive a transmission, the radio mutes and I push a button to talk on the CB. All of this is with my factory headsets and the passenger's headset is the same way. She has her own button to talk on the CB. I have an extra cord that I vandalized to make my 300 tell me directions like it is talking into a 3rd mic. It has a 2.5mm plug that I use to connect the 300 to the cord.

I was thinking that if I got the BA II, plug it to the extra cord and set up the TTR2 to it, I could use the phone also. With what you have said, I think it is possible. I am hoping I can test my theory soon!! Gotta save up my pennies!!;)

Thanks for all the help!! I will give an update as soon as I can!!

"Lodo, quiet a collection you have there. Are any of those waterproof as well? I have the TTR2, a factory unit built into my 2005 Town & Country, plus a Whistler WGPX-550. The TTR2 has the most updated maps, however Chrysler just released a new updated disk for my factory unit, however I have not picked it up yet. The Whistler company just updated the maps for their other two units (635 and 650), and is working on the maps for my 550. Supposedly we will get a new software base to go along with it. In the past I've owned a Go 910, and it was really good on the maps and routing as well. TomTom has actually kept me happier than any of the other using I have used or owned."

Yea, it's goofy to have all of these GPSes around but the last one just showed up and although I was "advised" to "re-gift" it or sell it, I just couldn't help myself from opening up the Magellan and taking a look. Of course now I'm using it in the truck (along with the 510) but someone will get it as a donation one of these days :)

I don't think any of them, with the exception of the TTR2, are waterproof to any degree. The Magellan 3250 is a nice size and has bluetooth, so it could be used on a bike, but I really like the add-ons from Lewebazaar for the TTs so don't imagine not using the TTR2 on any of the bikes.

Hi Snorebaby,

Did you manage to connect the TTR2 to your Goldwing system?
I have a GL1500 and have the same problem. Can you help?

Regards

Hi Snorebaby,

Did you manage to connect the TTR2 to your Goldwing system?
I have a GL1500 and have the same problem. Can you help?

Regards
If you have bluetooth on your Goldwing and it will not pair up with your TomTom Rider2 then try this out...

http://www.nodomain.org/hififix.zip/

Unzip that to the root of the TT, reboot, run it from the menu and try to pair the device. Its effects are temporary (a reboot will get you back to normal). With my Parrot SK4000 headset I have to activate this hack every time I reboot and then the headset will link.

This file makes the TTR2 (and a bunch of other TT units more compatible with the newer Bluetooth versions, and also makes it think it has HiFi or A2DP (from what I understand). I can tell you it allowed me to keep my TomTom and not have to go out an buy a Garmin Zumo. (This file also allowed the TTR2 to pair up to a T-Mobile G1 phone, which is can not see without the hack) The software loads quick, and it is seemless in the backround once you load it from the menu.

Hope this helps!
Tom

Last edited:
I too would like to be able to plug the audio into my audio system on my goldwing I have tried a few bluetooth devices with 3.5 audio jack for headsets but have not got them to work

would be great if their was an audio output on the TT2

Ask a Question