Copy *from* computer

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I tried every keywords I could think of and I couldn't find an answer.

I live in Europe and my GO720T has the Western Europe map loaded. I am going to the U.S. this summer and I'd like to load the latest map for North America on the GO. Unfortunately, the device has next to no space left so what I'd like to do is copy the Western Europe map to the computer using the "Copy to computer" feature in HOME. Then I would delete the Western Europe map using "Remove items" in HOME. Finally, I would download the map for North America.

But ... after my holidays, I'll want to transfer North America to the computer and Western Europe back to the GO. The problem is that there is no "Copy from computer" feature in HOME ... so how can I do that?

Now, if you have a solution that involves transferring and deleting files without using HOME, I am fairly open to that too ;-)

Thanks,
Marc

Mac OS 10.4.11
TomTom Home 2.6.2.264
GO 720T software version 8.351

You can do it a couple of ways. For example, I have a 720 and put my NA map on a SD card (application on internal). The unit will be taken to Europe next month so I bought a Western Europe map and bought a second sdhc card. I installed the WE map on the sdhc card.

When the time comes, I'll pull out my sdhc card with NA on it, insert the sdhc card with WE on it and that's all there is to it.

I'd strongly suggest you get a sdhc card (4-gig is a nice size) and use Finder to copy your WE map from internal to it. Now then, when the time comes, if you don't want to buy a second card as I did, then use Finder to copy the WE map folder to your computer then delete it from the card, when you want to buy the NA map then start Home, select external storage, buy the NA map though Add Maps and install on the card.

When you get back to Europe, copy the NA map to the computer using Finder and replace with your backed up WE map.

byw, there is (using Home) under Add Maps, arrow right, items on my computer. You should see a map or maps listed if you've purchased them from TT. You can select one and have Home install to internal or sd card.

But using Finder as I described worked just as well, maybe better.

Ask a Question