Compass is wrong

The vehicle's speedometer is tied w/ the rotation of the tires.
The speed indicated will not be accurate depending on the condition
of the tires ( over inflated or under inflated ) or if you changed your tires
to a different size rather than the original.

GPS is more accurate on the speed.

Now my next question is, How accurate is a police radar? :confused:

As accurate as your GPS! ;)
I don't know about that.
I have a story that happened to me 2 years ago.
On my way down to Washington D.C. (from Boston), at the toll booth, I was probably aggressively driving, I was pulled over with the ticket claiming that I drove 76 mph. I knew for sure that it was at 55 mph. How did I know for sure??? Because I had my Garmin Nuvi660 on my windshield, and monitored my speed at that time (however 55 mph at toll booth is still too fast).
Good thing (or funny thing) was that patrol officer told me that he did me a favor, written a ticket of driving 59 mph, not 76 mph (which he claimed earlier), that would save me 100+ bucks. Payment must be sent to the charity organization, which based in different state (not where I was pulled over).
A funny thing on my side that I didn't show that officer the speed indication on my Garmin GPS was ............. the fastest speed it recorded during my trip down, was 94 mph. I certainly didn't want him to see that.

I don't know about that.
I have a story that happened to me 2 years ago.
On my way down to Washington D.C. (from Boston), at the toll booth, I was probably aggressively driving, I was pulled over with the ticket claiming that I drove 76 mph. I knew for sure that it was at 55 mph. How did I know for sure??? Because I had my Garmin Nuvi660 on my windshield, and monitored my speed at that time (however 55 mph at toll booth is still too fast).
Good thing (or funny thing) was that patrol officer told me that he did me a favor, written a ticket of driving 59 mph, not 76 mph (which he claimed earlier), that would save me 100+ bucks. Payment must be sent to the charity organization, which based in different state (not where I was pulled over).
A funny thing on my side that I didn't show that officer the speed indication on my Garmin GPS was ............. the fastest speed it recorded during my trip down, was 94 mph. I certainly didn't want him to see that.
Yes, but do you know when and where you were when the officer recorded your speed? Most people aren't aware of thier speed until they see the officers car, or his lights in the rear-view. By that time, it's wayyyyyyy too late. My guess is, he recorded your speed far in advance of the toll booth, and you probably were doing 76.

No argue with ya but i knew it wasn't 76mph.
And if it happened to be 76mph, why that officer "do me a favor"?
'Til now, I think he just made it up with the number.

No argue with ya but i knew it wasn't 76mph.
And if it happened to be 76mph, why that officer "do me a favor"?
'Til now, I think he just made it up with the number.
He did you a favor because you were respectful, and he'd rather have you pay the ticket than contest it in court. Most people don't deserve to be hammered, most officers know that.

Ask a Question