Compass Pointing In The Wrong Direction

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920 T
Hi All-

A quick question to the community in general. I've noticed that, for more than a year, the compass displayed on my 920T's screen points in the wrong direction. If I'm driving Northeast, it points to the Northwest....etc. Has TomTom ever come out with a fix for this?

Hi All-

A quick question to the community in general. I've noticed that, for more than a year, the compass displayed on my 920T's screen points in the wrong direction. If I'm driving Northeast, it points to the Northwest....etc. Has TomTom ever come out with a fix for this?

Yes they changed with the application upgrade the directions of the arrow. Now it always points North no matter what direction you drive. I makes things simple once you get used to it.

I have noticed on my XXL540 that on 2D North up display, the compass should always point up since it is where the North should be. But, compass behave as though it is on 2D track up display, therefore pointing to what seems to be opposite East and West. Try this. On 2D North, drive East. Compass will show West. That is because if it was track up, then north would be 9 o'clock position. If this is true for others, I think it is a bug.

Trust me, the compass always points North. Period.

Lay the unit flat and you'll get a better idea.

Ask a Question