Can't update the map on new GO 730.

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730 - 2GB
I originally bought a GO 630, set it all up, downloaded the latest updates and all worked perfectly. Then I realized that it didn't have an FM transmitter which I really need, so I took it back and got the 730. When I hooked it up to Tom Tom HOME for the first time it updated everything but the map, although it does say my map is out of date. It gives me this message:

ERROR: Internal/AssertFail: Code bug: We're sorry but an error has occurred during the use of HOME on your computer. Please contact Customer Support.
item using Durham encryption scheme expected
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. function assert chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:473
throw new Bug(errorStr, "Internal/AssertFail" + (id ? "/" + id : ""));
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttNavItem.js:754
assert(this._drm && this._drmScheme == "durham", "item using Durham encryption scheme expected")
2. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/installSelectSome/installSelectSome.js:718
let copiedItem = localItem.createCopyWithDurhamCertificate(certificateFile);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:424
this.finalizeDownload());
5. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:396
this._finishedSuccessfully();

Time: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 03:19:58 GMT

I tried a reset, but to no avail. Am I going to have to contact Customer Support? Is it because they think I already downloaded the map (old GO 630)???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ugh - this could be a bit of a chocolatey mess.

When you did the updates to the 630, was the map one of the things you updated?

When you had the 630, you must have set up an account for it with TomTom in order to do the updates. Did you set up a SEPARATE account for the 730 with a new email address when you traded in the 630 for the 730?

Problem #1: Each individual TomTom device must be set up at TomTom with its own separate account and email address. While it's possible to get TT tech support to actually trade off that information and assign it to a new device, it's not always a success. I don't see that you either called tech support or created a new account for the 730.

Problem #2: Maps are not interchangeable between TT devices.

Based upon those two things alone, you can see how we might have to do some serious unwinding here, yes?

So take us through ALL of what you did, as each piece will be important to understanding how we're going to try to get you out of this ditch. FWIW, I suspect you have the new map residing on your computer now in the My Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads/complete/map folder -- but it's probably not going to work on your 730. I'm guessing it's keyed to your 630. Take a look in that folder and tell us what you find. See a folder called North_America_2GB or similar there?

I think I fix it. I moved the 630 map to another folder and tried to download the 730 map again. This time it worked, took forever to download, but it did and installed OK. Thanks for the reply anyway. I'm sure I'll have other questions for you later.

Ask a Question