Please help - I can't unzip or update my map - archive error?

Hi all,

I just got my 720 and I'm trying to update my map using the latest map guarantee. I have updated everything else. (Firmware version 7.221, Home version 2.1). I went into Home and to File -> Use latest map guarantee, and downloaded the huge file. It then tried to install it and I got some sort of archive error. I decided to locate the download in my Home folder on my PC and I see a folder called "North America" and there are a few files inside, including a zip file called "North_America_2GB.zip". I tried unzipping it and I get an error saying "Error Reading File". I have enough space on my hard drive to extract this, so I don't understand what's going on. Is the file corrupt? I downloaded it twice today and both times I got these errors. Please help if you can! I have been reading this forum for the past few days, and all I can say is that I am so thankful that you are all here and willing to help. Hopefully I can return the favor some day.
Chris

Sounds like the download has an error to it. Have you tried to use the latest map guaranteed method again to re-download the map?

Thanks for responding. Yes, I downloaded it twice and got the same error both times. HOME made me report it to TomTom, so maybe they need to fix it? :confused:

Just a thought, what if you download the map from the HOME folder and let HOME recreate it?
I think the location is My Documents/TomTom/HOME/downloads/map

If this doesn't work I guess TT support should help.

You don't unzip it, use the TT Home functionality on your PC, it will pull the map down and install it. Sounds like there was a problem with that too though.

Yes, I couldn't install it from Home, and that's why I tried to unzip it from the folder itself. I think the file must be corrupt. I'm re-downloading now to see if there is any change.

Ask a Question