New Maps Ver.8.60, 740 tm Live can't update to new map.

TomTom Model(s)
TT 740 TM LIVE
I have a lifetime map subscription and TT Home won't offer me the new 8.60 map update. Is anyone else having this problem?

No problems here. Have 740TM and pulled down the 860 version of the North_America_2GB in record speed today (18 minutes).

I D/L this PM and Very Quick.

One thing I noticed is they have added more ALG to the Canadian part at least.

Up to now there only seemed to be a few on the east coast and in southeran Ontario.

I just came through Montreal 10 days ago and there was no ALG and I just did did an A-B sim test on the new map with the same route and there was several .

Finished downloading and installing the latest map update! Folks at the TomTom support acknowledged that there were problems initially with the new update v8.60 but that has been resolved now. So all is well :)

No problems here. Have 740TM and pulled down the 860 version of the North_America_2GB in record speed today (18 minutes).
Is this latest update (860) .. free or just on subscription only?

where is the link, or could you supply the link to get this update?
it is not front first and centre on the website., It appears to be maybe hidden, could you suggest..??

It should be free to 740TM owners, or included with subscriptions on the non-TM 740.

Otherwise non-TM 740 owners without map subscriptions have to purchase it.

Dervari, if it doesn't work by Monday, call support. Could be a server hiccup, or maybe our subscription wasn't set up properly. You're logged into HOME with the 740TM's email right?

Yep...I had a 730 that I sold, but I set up the 740 with a completely different email address. Already opened a ticket, but I'm not expecting to hear anything back unti Tuesday at the earliest and I'm sure it will be boilerplate "try this this and this" to which I'll have to reply to them to actually have them take a look at it. :rolleyes:

I did get the update this morning, downloaded it and now I have no wireless connectivity. Once in a while, I see the traffic bar in a flash, but it disappears and I get the no wireless icon.

Any suggestions?

I did get the update this morning, downloaded it and now I have no wireless connectivity. Once in a while, I see the traffic bar in a flash, but it disappears and I get the no wireless icon.

Any suggestions?
Have a look here and see what's going on and let us know:

Main Menu > Status & Information > Version information > Network

Also,

Main Menu > Live Services > My Services

What does it show for a date for TomTom Traffic?

It should be free to 740TM owners, or included with subscriptions on the non-TM 740.

Otherwise non-TM 740 owners without map subscriptions have to purchase it.
Thanks for the reply back..,
Let me rephrase my Question.. :)
Is this update only for 740? what about the 630 TT ??

when I hook up to HOME it says I already have the latest updates and maps ???? (855) ...

and the 'link' I requested is where??

As I understand it, the 860 map should be offered to everyone who has a map subscription or... has an M or TM after their model number. I know the new 860 map was offered to me on my XL-335TM (haven't installed it yet though).

Have a look here and see what's going on and let us know:

Main Menu > Status & Information > Version information > Network

Also,

Main Menu > Live Services > My Services

What does it show for a date for TomTom Traffic?

Can't boot to the server to get that information, but I know my live services was showing as April, 2011 as I just bought 6 months worth and checked. I also bought iifetime maps last month and as I said I have received and downloaded the new map today.

I think this an account glitch and that it cannot be fixed without calling our friends in Watertown.

Thanks for the help so far.

Can't boot to the server to get that information
???
I think this an account glitch and that it cannot be fixed without calling our friends in Watertown.
Could well be, but since you don't seem to be getting any of the normal errors associated with this, the status of your SIM card may tell us something very useful (and useful to tech support as well). That's why it would be good to determine what shows up for the card at Main Menu > Status & Information > Version information > Network.

Guess I should have asked the obvious to begin with -- are any of the other network services working? Weather, etc.? If so, then yes, that would be good reason to suspect an account problem specific to traffic, and to contact TT support.

Thanks for the reply back..,
Let me rephrase my Question.. :)
Is this update only for 740? what about the 630 TT ??

when I hook up to HOME it says I already have the latest updates and maps ???? (855) ...

and the 'link' I requested is where??

Tomtom usually releases maps for all models on the exact same day. This time, there were some delays on the 740 due to bugs. And there's an overall delay on models with app 10.x since the MyTomtom app is broken.

So now, any device with app 9.x, 8.x and 7.x should have the ability to download maps. This includes the 630 and 740.

There are no direct links to maps as they are housed on Tomtom's encrypted servers and can only be downloaded via Tomtom HOME. The closest useful link is this one to purchase.

???
Could well be, but since you don't seem to be getting any of the normal errors associated with this, the status of your SIM card may tell us something very useful (and useful to tech support as well). That's why it would be good to determine what shows up for the card at Main Menu > Status & Information > Version information > Network.

Guess I should have asked the obvious to begin with -- are any of the other network services working? Weather, etc.? If so, then yes, that would be good reason to suspect an account problem specific to traffic, and to contact TT support.

Thanks, C. So, this gets interesting. I started using my 740 through the emulator and everything works, traffic, weather, google. It's only on the unit that I get the "no wireless" signal after a split second of the traffic bar. I did confirm all services are available either LT or until April on the emulator. Also noticed that my sim and eim? number are blank in the network status tab, but are shown in the same tab when on emulator.

The blank numbers for the SIM aren't a good sign. Try a reset of your unit using the power button (you'll need to hold it down from a power off until you see this occur - can take as long as 15 seconds).

If that doesn't improve things, I'd be on the phone to TT support with the information regarding the blank/null SIM card values. It is possible that they will have to reset your SIM card. You will want to ask specifically for someone who works with Live accounts.

Ask a Question