Can't log into TomTom

Sorry to keep dragging this out, but I got a laugh out of TT's suggestions for fixing "my" problem...

Discussion Thread
Customer (Bruce) 10/25/2007 03:46 PM
I recently purchased a GO720 but can not take advantage of many of the features due to your web server blocking my IP address. My IP range is 96.229.xxx.xxx and TomTom continually refuses connection. Because of this, I can not update my software, download the latest maps or even download a missing file to "Operate My GO" from Home. I had to spoof my IP address just to access your site, so I know it is not an issue with my ISP.

Please resolve this issue. Feel free to contact Verizon to verify the IP address range. I'm not the only one in California with this issue. Very frustrating...

Bruce

Response (ST XXXXX) 10/25/2007 04:50 PM
Dear Bruce,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. My name is XXXXX and my goal is to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. I'm more than happy to assist you in reference to ISP issue.

We are sorry to hear that you having this issue. We do have some tips that may resolve this problem.

As a work around to this challenge, please disable Bluetooth on the TomTom device before connecting it to the computer. Go
to Change preferences > Bluetooth preferences > Disable Bluetooth.

Please also ensure that you have the latest version of TomTom Home version 2 installed on your computer by clicking on

Help > Check for TomTom HOME Update.

With Best Regards
XXXXX
and
The TomTom Customer Support Team

I'm having this problem as well. It's very frustrating. I e-mailed TomTom to see if they've come up with a solution yet. It has to be something on their end if people from different locations are experiencing the same issue.

I Worked out the fix for the "endless Login" problems

Here's the fix...

Double click.... My Computer
...local disk c:
...documents and settings
...(your name....or what you are logged in under windows) folder
...application data
...now scrll down until you see the TomTom folder and delete it

what that is, is where tomtom stores your login info...somehow those files get corrupted...after you do this restart tomtom home and it will be like the first time you installed the program with out affecting whats on your tomtom...

a lot of time went into figuring out this fix so i hope it all works for you....and your all right...tomtom was no help with it

That fixed the problem! Thanks! For Windows Vista users (like myself), the instructions are slightly different.

1. Click the Windows logo and open Computer.
2. Open Local Disk C:
3. Open the Users folder and select the name you are logged in under.
4. Open the AppData folder. If you can't see it, press ALT to see the menu bar, select Tools, Folder Options. Select the View tab then select Show hidden files and folders under the Hidden files and folders section. Press OK when done.
5. You should see three folders: Local, LocalLow, and Roaming. In the Local and Roaming folders, delete the TomTom folder. Make sure you close TomTom Home first.

When those folders are deleted, restart TomTom Home. It will ask you for your country and will work just like new.

Here's the fix...

Double click.... My Computer
...local disk c:
...documents and settings
...(your name....or what you are logged in under windows) folder
...application data
...now scrll down until you see the TomTom folder and delete it

what that is, is where tomtom stores your login info...somehow those files get corrupted...after you do this restart tomtom home and it will be like the first time you installed the program with out affecting whats on your tomtom...

a lot of time went into figuring out this fix so i hope it all works for you....and your all right...tomtom was no help with it

That's great, thanks for sharing.

your very welcome

your very welcome folks....sorry it wasn't written so eloquently though....oh i did forget to mention that for XP users the "application Data" folder might me hidden...so first you have to un-hide the folder....Anyway good luck to all of you...

the BigNus

Thanks for the tips. However, they do not help me at all ( I can't even ping the TomTom IP address ). I think the problem is that my IP address is being blocked by one of the nodes in the route chain. Note that when this happens, it may not be the IP's fault *or* TomTom's fault. Note that I time out in a node owned by AT&T...

TomTomPutz, could you try the traceroute/whois and let us know what you see?

Here for what I see:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showpost.php?p=27799&postcount=17

I'm having problems with Tomtom home.. v2.1.1.106. Whenever I try logging in I get a "no internet connection" message on tomtom home. (Even though I am obviously on since I am posting this message)

I tried deleteing the TOMTOM folder as described above but that didnt help?
Anyone else getting the "No Internet Connection" message?

Just bought my first TomTom yesterday (920T) and I can't even get as far as the posters here. Can't make a connect to their website, nor can I get their Home CD to get past the InstallWizard screen - it just locks up...

Thanks for the tips. However, they do not help me at all ( I can't even ping the TomTom IP address ). I think the problem is that my IP address is being blocked by one of the nodes in the route chain. Note that when this happens, it may not be the IP's fault *or* TomTom's fault. Note that I time out in a node owned by AT&T...

TomTomPutz, could you try the traceroute/whois and let us know what you see?

Here for what I see:

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showpost.php?p=27799&postcount=17

I'm seeing similar results. TomTom confirmed that my IP address is being blocked by one of their nodes routing traffic to the UK...

Bruce

i had a very similar problem. try shutting down your modem and or router (both if you have 2 pieces), wait 10 minutes then cycle on. After several hours of help yesterday, this is what finally solved my issue.

finally got into web site

I'm Running windows xp-pro with a home built P4PE/GE motherboard with all sorts of gizmos that my S-I-Law built for me. Normal firewall stuff and spyware, IE and Mozilla using factory defaults. If that means anything to anyone.

It took me four days to track down a frustrating problem to get my browser to access the TT site through the TT software as well directly going to www.tomtom.com.

I have worked through all the advice from several experts, networking guys, TT support, Verizon support , web forums, MSsupport, brother in-law, next door buddy to figure out why I could not access this site... well...I in! I still don't know what I did right or wrong (well maybe wrong as I had to reinstall my audio something controller however it got in the state it did)...but this is what I did:

I figured Verizon.net or TT was blocking me after repeated attempts trying to get to them.
I made sure I got the latest updates from MS support service pack2, Firefox,Defender,Viruscan,spybot, Java TM 6 update 3. I just figured lets get the latest of anything I could think could be causing the problem. One forum and my son-in law talked about Java update so I did it last.

After fooling around with all the IE settings and got nowhere I reset to original defaults
My firewalls are the same as I turned them back on after trying to go naked to the website b/4 and still did not get anywhere

I made Mozilla Firefox my default browser...why...some friends said they could access using this program.

I contacted a bunch of friends using verizon to see if they had a problem...all but one said they got in...my next store buddy says he couldn't...hmmmm

Ran spybot and got a bunch of spyware killed. (ugh, this I got looking for an answer to the problem on the web)

I re-install the tomtom Home software where it suddenly asked me for a email address and password...and surprise, surprise it began working. It automatically removes old versions and connected to Mozilla, then started downloading a even newer version of TT then drags me through all sorts of things to update.

I got everything I needed except the map update...I have to activate my TT with all these codes but when I put in my product code MS error (Sorry We Encountered a Problem and have to close). Still can get by this problem...but hey, I'm in their site. So, now people I'm off to other forum topics about updating an out of date map that came with this gift. OH I have a TT510/710

Hey, you IT guys...we love you all as you give us hints and test. Keep up the support and remember we don't speak your English well

Tanks

Cannot Log into TOM TOM

This morning I found I could not log into TOM TOM for my updates. Tried numerous times and got error message stating could not connect to TOM TOM server.
I use firefox browser.

Solved my problem by following....

I then logged into tomtom.com in IE browser and logged in.
I then returned to Firefox, logged in to tomtom.com and logged in.
I did not connect my TOM TOM 750 during these log ins.

I then closed browser, connected my device and all problems were corrected in my default firefox browser. I then did all of my map and camera updates, no problem.

Hopes this helps anyone with same problem.
Regards,
Tony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could not log in

From Tony. My message should have read in both places. logged into tomtom.com not what was put in by the system

Ask a Question