Can't log into TomTom

TomTom Model(s)
One v3
I've been having trouble logging into TomTom from TT HOME, every time i press the "login" button, the little "earth" icon starts spinning, but i get nothing. I also cannot access www.tomtom.com through the internet either. I've ruled out the browser settings, and it doesn't matter which browser i use either. All other sites work fine. This only just started happening a week ago, was fine up until then.

What could be happening? Any suggestions?:confused:

This could be one of two problems. One would be an external problem with the internet. A link between you and TomTom could be down and a bypass hasn't been found as of yet.
Two it could be a firewall issue (which would prevent any browser from connecting). In this case check for TomTom in Restricted Sites.

This could be one of two problems. One would be an external problem with the internet. A link between you and TomTom could be down and a bypass hasn't been found as of yet.
Two it could be a firewall issue (which would prevent any browser from connecting). In this case check for TomTom in Restricted Sites.

Must be the former, because I checked my firewall(s) first and all is clear.

I've been having trouble logging into TomTom from TT HOME, every time i press the "login" button, the little "earth" icon starts spinning, but i get nothing. I also cannot access www.tomtom.com through the internet either. I've ruled out the browser settings, and it doesn't matter which browser i use either. All other sites work fine. This only just started happening a week ago, was fine up until then.

What could be happening? Any suggestions?:confused:

I have been having trouble also w TT Home. It will start the GPS Quick Fix and then it freezes up. I even have a difficult exiting TT Home.

I believe it's a an external issue. I have been having the same problem with tomtoms website for the past month. I hope they fix it soon, as I just ordered a TT1 and will need to download updates and such.

Has anyone had a problem with websites hat won't load, but all other website function properly(not just tomtom.com)?

Also, I know that TT Home comes with the TT1 but I wanted to download the version from the website, does anyone know of a mirror site where I can download TT Home?

I was having the same problem. All other websites worked but I couldn't access tomtom. After a lot of messing around I resolved it by going into the modem and disconnecting from Verizon for about 30 seconds. When I reconnected I was given a new IP Address and now the tomtom website works again.

Today, finally, after all this time I can access the TomTom web page, and also login to TomTom home.

I have no explanation at all, it just started working for me again.

:confused:

same problem

I registered for the forum because I was having the same problem getting into the Tom Tom home web site. I'm glad it isn't a problem with me. Has anyone called them to see if they are aware of the problem? I hope it gets resolved soon.

Are others stilll having problems? I still can't reach the tomtom web site from home.

Really strange...I CAN reach it from work though! I think it's time for a call to my ISP.

Same here - can't login or access website!

I was able to access the website just once last weekend when we bought our 720. I've never logged in successfully with the device yet. Tried resetting my router - didn't work. Honestly, if I can get to everything else, it's got to be their website.

Well, I did a little bit of investigation. I did a trace route on www.tomtom.com and here is what I found:

Tracing route to www.tomtom.com [193.173.148.208]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

. . .
3 7 ms 7 ms 5 ms 172.18.161.9
4 7 ms 7 ms 5 ms 172.18.160.21
5 8 ms 9 ms 7 ms 172.18.160.73
6 13 ms 13 ms 11 ms 172.18.97.41
7 12 ms 12 ms 11 ms 172.18.97.26
8 18 ms 21 ms 17 ms 12.87.94.9
9 27 ms 17 ms 17 ms tbr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.99.38]
10 17 ms 17 ms 17 ms ggr4.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.86.125]
11 18 ms 17 ms 17 ms 192.205.34.78
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

It could not reach the web site! very odd.. I then did a 'whois' on 192.205.34.78..the last node in the chain before the timeout:

OrgName: AT&T Bell Laboratories
OrgID: ATT
Address: 3200 Lake Emma Road
City: Lake Mary
StateProv: FL
PostalCode: 32746

NetRange: 192.205.0.0 - 192.205.255.255
CIDR: 192.205.0.0/16
NetName: NETBLK-ATT
NetHandle: NET-192-205-0-0-1
Parent: NET-192-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: OHCU.OH.MT.NP.ELS-GMS.ATT.NET
NameServer: WYCU.WY.BR.NP.ELS-GMS.ATT.NET
NameServer: MACU.MA.MT.NP.ELS-GMS.ATT.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 1992-08-03
Updated: 2007-05-04

RTechHandle: SBCDN-ARIN
RTechName: SBCDNS
RTechPhone: +1-317-265-1482
RTechEmail: (e-mail address removed)

OrgTechHandle: JN409-ARIN
OrgTechName: Nelson, John M.
OrgTechPhone: +1-317-265-2859
OrgTechEmail: (e-mail address removed)

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2007-10-15 19:10
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

For those of you that are still having problems, could you issue a 'tracert www.tomtom.com' from a DOS prompt window and check to see where the timeout happens? FYI - this is *not* a DNS issue...I can't even ping the IP address ( 193.173.148.208 ).

Are you using Verizon?

If so, it may be your IP address that's causing the problem.

I'm having the same problems and finally contacted both TT and my ISP (Verizon FIOS) today. TT pointed the finger at the ISP and my ISP is blaming TT saying that the TT servers must be blocking IP addresses in the 96.2xx range. They could access the site without problems from their end. By the time I got off the phone with Verizon, the TT support line was closed for the night. I'll try again in the AM. This is frustrating...

Bruce

Update: TT says that there is nothing they can do. This is driving me crazy.

Last edited:
Same problem here

I'm having the same problem...i documented it as starting at noon on 23-october-2007....all was well and working fine up until then...i use a broadband card from verizon wireless and Tomtom home 2.o simply stopped responding ....every once in a while it will let me log in but when i try to gather updates it just spins it little wheel like a giant FU....its so frustrating....makes me want to return it for a big ,lousy, expensive G....

Familiar with Tor?

I'm able to spoof my IP address by using Tor, so I can at least access the TT site now. Anyone know how to get TT Home to work with Tor?

Bruce

Ask a Question