Cannot connect to computer

im with you on that option. after so many problems with my tomtom over the past 2 years (bluetooth doesnt work anymore and now THIS problem-unable to connect to my pc) , the days are numbered. I may go even a step further and come up with something creative to destroy it lovely. stay tuned on youtube....

I'm looking forward to your YouTube video!!

GARMIN in on my Christmas Wish List.

It's funny, cause I own the 730, and i had the same issue, which started a few days ago. I was reading on all the post, and before i did anything too drastic, i just hit the reset button about three times, then i layed it on the base, and turned it on, and was shocked, when i got the screen, DO YOU WANT THE DEVICE TO CONNECT........I was happier than a fly in a bowl of dog poop

Possible fix!

I was having the same problem with my TomTom GO 930 with Windows 7 x64 and I solved it by removing the SD card and then connecting again. Try that for anyone having issues. It should not occur in the first place, but at least it works for now.

I sometimes have the same issue with my Go730, it comes up with the same not recognized message as posted, however sometimes when I get this message and I leave it it goes on to ask me if I want to connect to my computer as normal (sometimes however it does not)

It is not consistent with the problem, sometimes removing the SD card (with only Mp3's on) solves the problem, sometimes just leaving it in the dock and trying again in 10 minutes solves the problem.

Unfortunately TT support seem clueless about solving this apparently common issue and just want to blame the computer.

BOB

It's funny, cause I own the 730, and i had the same issue, which started a few days ago. I was reading on all the post, and before i did anything too drastic, i just hit the reset button about three times, then i layed it on the base, and turned it on, and was shocked, when i got the screen, DO YOU WANT THE DEVICE TO CONNECT........I was happier than a fly in a bowl of dog poop
You're probably seeing the same thing I keep seeing on my 720. As I've said elsewhere, I've got an unfolded paper clip on the desk dedicated to pressing the reset button when I need a computer connection. I've become accustomed to having to do this now and don't give it much thought.

As I've said elsewhere, I've got an unfolded paper clip on the desk dedicated to pressing the reset button when I need a computer connection. I've become accustomed to having to do this now and don't give it much thought.
Well, happened for the foist time on Monday and again on Tuesday and I decided to do that reset, grasping at straws
In retrospect, you and others have written about it but I never paid attention to it as it hadn't happened for the 2-1/2 years that I have the 930.
Wonder if those are early deterioration symptoms as the the slow satellite recognition was not fixed by the deletion of the appropriate files in the ephem and ephemeris folders.

Wonder if those are early deterioration symptoms as the the slow satellite recognition was not fixed by the deletion of the appropriate files in the ephem and ephemeris folders.
I don't think so. Mine has been behaving this way for ages, and I've had no other performance issues at all.

I had the same issue and the tom tom support said to reset. My unit didn't have a separate reset button, but it said to hold the power button while on until the screen went green. Then I disconnected from the USB port and reconnected and then powered on, and it recognized it.

Ask a Question