Can anyone identify this?

Hi

This is fitted to my dash and I'd like to know what it is.

My local TomTom fitter didn't know what it was. They guessed it was a blanking plate, but it's so close to the screen that it can't be hiding a dash mount.

TomTom Part1.jpg

This is fitted to the dash of my Jag X Type. It's very close to the front screen. It's flush with the dash too. I don't have on-board navigation either.

Very strange. Someone out there must know what it is I guess.

What's the rest of that stuff, CocaCola?

What's the rest of that stuff, CocaCola?

LOL.

Nah, it's the reflection of the clouds in the front windscreen. Picture is taken from outside vehicle looking down onto the dashboard. It's the only way I can get a picture as it's so close to the glass inside the vehicle. Could it be an extra antena? If so, I wonder where the other end is!!!

Why don't you inquire of a Jaguar dealer as to whether in-built Nav devices (by TT) are offered??

My car doesn't have on-board nav. Jaguar do have a nav option, but the centre console display is completely different from the one I have and, from what I've been told, was only available on newer vehicles.

Q: I can't tell if it's the angle of the photo or the device itself, but is the righthand side of the device somewhat narrower than the left? It almost appears from that shot that it's designed to have a unit slide from right to left to anchor, tightening due to the increased 'depth' of the device on the left side.

Ask a Question