5100 and 6100 anyone know when in the UK?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 550 LIVE
As the title really I'm after an upgrade soon does anyone know when the new GO 5100 and 6100 are due to be released?

Lee

Tomorrow (April 29) is a consumer launch press event, with to-be-announced products. My guess is 5100/6100 will be on the list.

Ah! good news that's great anyone know on average how long after this they will be on the shelves for us to grab?

Lee

They are already accidentally showing on some websites in Europe. This is why I'm guessing they are part of tomorrow's launch.

So much for the timing of the embargo, eh?

Notice..........
Lifetime traffic via integrated GPRS SIM card , so no more costs........

I wonder if that means 'free' traffic subscription ? or as others are suggesting free speed cams ? The GO6000 has free traffic, I can't see any mention of free Cameras....

Last edited:
I believe that although traffic is free in your market, speed cams are still a subscription service.

Free speedcams are confirmed in the new lineup

Missed that bit... good news the 6100 is now available on the Tomtom site £299.99... I would like to get mine from Halfords not showing on their site as yet!

That's $ 50.00 than I paid for my 930 in 2008. Best Buys still had 920s on hand at 50% more!
I still prefer my Bluetooth remote but free world maps is nothing to sneeze at.

I wonder if the map update situation will be the same as it always was. Buy a 'world' model in NAM and they only give you NAM updates for free, or buy it in the EU and you only get the EU updates for free?

Free speedcams are confirmed in the new lineup
Hmm... just thinking about the phone app and the subscription service... hmmm. Wonder if things will change in that regard here?

Does this mean TomTom can stop supporting a working model and limit the benefit of " Lifetime "

*Lifetime – this is the useful life of the device, which means the period of time that TomTom continues to support your device with software updates, services, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its life when none of these are available any more. The useful life of the smartphone app means the period of time that TomTom continues to support the app with updates

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19326/~/what-are-lifetime-maps?

They never said the OTA stuff will roam globally, but
Does this mean TomTom can stop supporting a working model and limit the benefit of " Lifetime "

*Lifetime – this is the useful life of the device, which means the period of time that TomTom continues to support your device with software updates, services, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its life when none of these are available any more. The useful life of the smartphone app means the period of time that TomTom continues to support the app with updates

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19326/~/what-are-lifetime-maps?

Yes, their legal team is giving them lots of leeway with "lifetime". They can essentially stop supporting whenever they wish.

For what it's worth, they have never stopped supporting a "lifetime" service on their PNDs yet, the earliest was lifetime maps on their USA models in 2009 and those are still supported.

They did, however, announce that they would stop supporting "lifetime maps" on a 2012 Android app in October 2015 and gave all those old customers a 3-year subscription (at almost free cost) to a new Android app instead.

Ask a Question