Browse Map Zoom Bar

The manual for my GO 720 says I should have a zoom bar on the browse map and yet it is not there. Why is this please?

The Zoom Bar is the grey vertical bar to the right in the attachment. Move the larger rectangle up or down.

I wonder if anyone else uses it on a regular basis. I don't like it. I would prefer to get a Google type map here.

Last edited:
Thanks! I thought it was supposed to be on every screen, but it turns out it's only on the Browse Map screen.

The Garmin shows a widened view of your heading at all times, but for turn instructions automatically zooms in - then when turn is completed - automatically zooms out again. That is one way I prefer the Garmin to the TomTom (so far).

The Garmin shows a widened view of your heading at all times, but for turn instructions automatically zooms in - then when turn is completed - automatically zooms out again. That is one way I prefer the Garmin to the TomTom (so far).

The Tomtom 720 also does that. There should be autozoom in the preferences menu. If you don't see it, go to "show more menu items" in preferences first.

Ask a Question