Browse map and see the POI's?

Using the navigate To button and then browse map I want to be able to se the POIS's on the map screen as i scroll around...is this possible?

All the POI's I want I marked as Show on map , but none appear

What am I doing wrong...if this is not possible it seems very poor

Neil

How many categories do you have checked and is it the built in pois not showing or custom or both?

Also make sure you are fairly well zoomed in to get all the POI locations to show on the screen, as you zoom further out the device will only display a few POI locations on screen - Mike

It is a mix of both,

They show up in the normal Browse map function, but I did not see them if I use navigate To and then Browse map.
I have since seen how to do it the other way around...Browse the map and then use the position symbol to Navigate to that way, so it is not a major probelm anymore.

I am about ( in the next 2 hours) to leave on the boat from jersey to France...for a trip to Austria...and yes, it has just started raining after days of fine weather. Hope to get to Le Mans by tonight. so prob wont be checking this thread much now till I get back in a few weeks

Cheers for the quick response

Under Navigate to -> Browse map, tap "options" on the lower left. Make sure POI is checked, and look at the categories under "Choose POI".

The settings seem to be differently stored for the different ways you can get to the Browse Map screen.

Yes, i can see them now, thanks

there does not seem to be a way to browse the POI's generally though.

You can only browse by, Near you, Along route, or Near destination etc. My Garmin GPSMap296 gives you a list of your uploaded point, all with straight line distances from your position to the point.

I just cant seem to find a way to browse the POI's without using the navigate to Function...is it there/ am I blind? what am I missing

If you're looking to get a general list of POI with distances, you'll need to do it via the POI search function.

"Navigate to" is one way to get to POI search.

If you don't want to change your destination, there is a find option within the browse map, that also searches for POI.

Yes, I had found that also, but it is still a pain, you can only browse the POI's that are either:
Near You
In a city
Near Home

and if you have a route planned
Along a Route
or
near Destination

Say for instance I am in the middle of France and I have downloaded a List of POI's containing 'All Harley Davidson Dealers' in Europe and I want to see the POI's as a list with distances from me. You cant.

if there is none Near You You get a No POI's found message, so then you have to use POI in City option, then keep selecting random Cities til a POI appears.

OK, you can select just that POI type to appear on the Browse map view, and then pan out to see the icons, but this is a really clumsy time consuming way to do it.

I have Rider Version 2 with 7.901 firmware...maybe later versions have improved on this?

Ask a Question