Auto-centering Browse map

I read a similar thread from last year but the suggestions didn't work for me.

I just bought a TomTom XL 350-PM and am trying to set it up so that when I'm in the "Browse map" mode, the map will center itself on my current location.

I tried tapping the blue curser button at the bottom, but the only options I see are:

1) Plan route to the cursor position
2) Create a Favorite at the cursor position
3) Find a POI near the cursor position

Does the XL 350-PM have a map-centering capability? I can't imagine a GPS device where the map doesn't "follow" you. :confused:

Welcome to TTF.

Depends on the model. Full menued models have additional choices:
1. Correct location
2. (arrow right) Add as poi
3. Center on Map
and some other options that can be activated

Last edited:
I tried tapping the blue curser button at the bottom, but the only options I see are:

1) Plan route to the cursor position
2) Create a Favorite at the cursor position
3) Find a POI near the cursor position

Don't use the blue cursor button... try the "Find" button next to it (assuming you have one!)

That should give you two pages of options (such as Find Home... Favourite....Address....etc.)

"Find ... My location" is the one you're looking for and it's on the second screen of options on my (different model) units.

Do you get something like this?
Find_My_Location.jpg

Last edited:
Don't use the blue cursor button... try the "Find" button next to it (assuming you have one!)

That should give you two pages of options (such as Find Home... Favourite....Address....etc.)

"Find ... My location" is the one you're looking for and it's on the second screen of options on my (different model) units.

Do you get something like this?
View attachment 3341
I tried this but after the map centered on my location, it didn't move along with me. :(

Ahh you didn't say you wanted that in your first post. You said you were "trying to set it up so that when I'm in the "Browse map" mode, the map will center itself on my current location." which it does when you follow those steps.

Nothing moves in "Browse map" mode, it's not what it was designed for.

What you need is the 2D driving mode, which on the high-end models has two options - north up or driving direction up.

But the 350 is an entry-level model and has simplified cut-down menus so not all the options for 2D are implemented, if any.

A custom menu may help to enable SOME of the functions (see here - How to get more menu options on models with 'Easymenu') but I don't think theres anyway to get back BOTH 2D view options on that model.

After getting more driving time with my XL 350 I've learned to use the 2D mode, which does what I need.

Thanks for all your comments! :thumb:

Ask a Question