Broken TMC Socket.

TomTom Model(s)
go 930T
Hi, I own a Tomtom GO 930T and just broke the little black center plastic piece of the connector/socket, where you connect the TMC antenna or the an Ipod. This means that my TMC stoped working, even though I can still get the Jack in there, I guess that, after all, there is some sort of connection going on between the center-piece and the jack.

Now, I know my way around soldering and am sure I can fix this, if only I knew where to find the replacement part!? (to clarify, it's the part that is in/on the body of the GPS that's broken)
Anybody know where to find this part? I have never seen this kind of connection on any other device before, so I'm at a lost so far...

I'll put my trust in you all... :)

Thank's Kasper

I have never seen that connector for sale anywhere and did spend quite some time looking for a source of them a while ago, the connector has six contacts, two are in the outer barrel of the plug and four more mounted on the main center pin.
You might be able to remove a conector of the correct type from an old Go-x10 car mount as they contained the same socket, you will find the x10 car mounts for sale on e-bay but make sure its a genuine TomTom bracket as the third party brackets don't have anything other than the power socket fitted - Mike

Hi Mike.

The same here, but no luck.
Anyway, thanks for the the info about the car mount, even though it's quite expensive the one that I have found is around 55 $ on ebay and I think that is way to much.

So I started looking for used and broken Tomtom gps units. So I figure that I could use GO x30 series but how about x20 and X10 series? The x20 series seams to use a similar TMC connector, but the question is if it has the same amount of connectors inside!?

Thanks Kasper

The six pole contact socket that you are after is the same socket fillet to:

One XL (Classic), One Third Edition, x10 Mounts, all x20, all x30, x40/ x50 accessory mount - Mike

Ask a Question