Brand Spankin' New 910 User...just out of the box!

I keep getting an error when I do update....says cant connect to tomtom plus...try again later...should I register there first.....

Also, I got a credit card product code...I take it this is important? The device works fine without me typing any of this info in...is it just for reference?

You don't have the latest version of HOME. The version from the CD doesn't like updating for some reason. Download the latest version from here.

The credit card holds your activation code. You want to keep that info in a safe place just in case. IIRC, it may be used in the ordering of the new maps.

Last edited:
So it looks like you need to update your App and Map version. Are you on the latest version of HOME? The latest version is 1.5.106. If you download that, the update for you 910 app version should be downloaded automatically.

I would also look into ordering the DVD update. Go to the TT site and order the maps there. It should be straight forward.

The promo is the TT premium voice. The only English one is Mikey. It's up to you if you want it, I downloaded it because its free.

To get the promo, just go through HOME and click on activate promo. Enter the promo code there.

I do not see the Yahoo icon on your profile. I guess make sure you have the correct yahoo email address for you messenger in your profile.

There is a "Virtual" tomtom 910 that at the bottom of HOME called "MY GO 910"....I suppose I can use the computer now to make routes and things while attached as opposed to just using the touch screen is that right? If it is then will it save this info to the 910?

I actually have Version 1.5 Build 106...that I could get from the site when I first put the disk in.

I had a downloaded updated and installed it so now I am showing...

App 6.524
GPS v1.2.1, Boot 4.86

So that did change...will order the new map DVD tonight!

The Tom Tom plus site may be down...will try to reset it all (computer, TT910) and see if that helps...brb!

Last edited:
I actually have Version 1.5 Build 106...that I could get from the site when I first put the disk in.

I had a downloaded updated and installed it so now I am showing...

App 6.524
GPS v1.2.1, Boot 4.86

So that did change...will order the new map DVD tonight!

The Tom Tom plus site may be down...will try to reset it all (computer, TT910) and see if that helps...brb!

Perfect, seems like you are up and running perfectly.

To use the PLUS services, make sure you have an account. Just create one throught TT site, and then use your credentials in the HOME app.

Perfect, seems like you are up and running perfectly.

To use the PLUS services, make sure you have an account. Just create one throught TT site, and then use your credentials in the HOME app.

OMG I bricked it I think:eek: ....I can see the Tom Tom as a drive in explorer and I am copying the maps as suggested to the computer.....I have another post requesting help...getting a flashing Red circle with white X in it and it wont work.....OMG.......I hope I didnt kill it like Charlie Brown did to the little Christmas tree:( ...hopefully some folks can help it out and rescue it like happened in the Charlie Brown Christmas:)

UPDATE: THANK GOD FOR THE ADVICE HERE!!!! DO THE BACKUP FIRST! I did that as folks have stated and it may have saved my new baby!

Pedro really helped me out and spent hours walking me through how to work the 910 and get it all running....OUTSTANDING WORK! Reps to him!!!!! Couple of hours well spent! Thanks !!!!!

Last edited:
Well not that good...the TT910 reverted back to an old version for some reason...Tech support did not know why but after an hour of working with them she is up to date with the latest 6.525 App version AND the latest maps which I am installing now...they directed me to the cool site to get the version which has been extended thru 15 Jun 07. They indicated that this would continue for a while as many users have complained of not having the DVD Roms in their computers.

Regards:)

Ask a Question