Bluetooth: What Carrier's phones work and don't work: All models

I'm mostly concerned with hands-free. My state is one of those which adopted "Distracted Driving" laws, last month.!
I see, as of October 26 in Ontario we are not allowed to use "hand held communication devices" while driving either.
I just presumed that anew fancy fangled device as per the Google video comes complete with hands free speaker phone.

TomTom tested, . GO 720
Wireless carrier Bell Canada
What data plan is being used if any. None
Phone manufacture and model number. Sanyo Pro 200 ( not on TT list)
Which features work
Handsfree yes
Phonebook transfer yes
SMS messaging not tried
Data transfer (when testing try weather service as no subscription is required) will try

TomTom tested, i.e. GO 720
Wireless carrier Bell Canada
What data plan is being used if any. none
Phone manufacture and model number. Samsung SPH 300 pairing easy- transfer of features took some fooling around)
Which features work
Handsfree yes
Phonebook transfer yes
SMS messaging not tried
Data transfer (when testing try weather service as no subscription is required) will try

Phones also set up with a GE model 21518 Bluetooth adapter which rings through to home phones on a cell call BUT cannot be connected or Tom tom won't connect

TomTom Go 730
Samsung Highlight SGH-T749
T-Mobile, no data, Unlimited calling plan

Connects easily, downloaded address book, makes and receives calls good, receives messages. Calls are very clear..
Does not send messages. Causes bluetooth to fail and phone has to be turn off and on to reset.
After downloading new maps, bluetooth does not recognize phone. Turn cell phone off then on and it recognizes it and works.
I don't know if other downloads cause problems. So far, turning phone off then on corrects connectivity problems.

AT&T Sony Ericcson w518 and Samusung a797 Flight

TT903T version 8.351, AT&T unlimited data and messaging.

I just changed to AT&T due to problems with my sprint phone no longer connecting to data services.
Both my phone (sony w518) and my wife's (samsung a797 flight) are uble to establish bluetooth/hands free/phone book transfer/ and data services...weather and plus traffic. The only issue I've had is that I must routinely do a pin reset to establish the data connection.

Regards,

Bill

I also have a Go 720 and I am trying to connect to an LG VX5400. It pairs fine, but after a few seconds loses the connection to the phone. My carrier is Verizon. Anyone know of a solution?

I also have a Go 720 and I am trying to connect to an LG VX5400. It pairs fine, but after a few seconds loses the connection to the phone. My carrier is Verizon. Anyone know of a solution?

You could try downgrading to app 8.302 per here, don't know if it will help.

GO 630 and Motorla Krazor K1

Connected easily. Voice works fine. Text messages received, but send from device not supported. Did not try data as Tomtom does not support in Canada.

LG Env2 & 740

Out of the box, the 740 paired easily with the Verizon LG Env2 (VX9100), and identified it as both handsfree and phonebook compatible. It downloaded the phonebook and worked fine with voice dialling.

I ran into a PC (XP) connectivity problem through the home dock and among other things I used reset to factory defaults without success. I was able to get connected using a direct USB connection to the windshield dock and updated the device application through HOME.

Now, the TomTom only recognizes the phone as a handsfree device, and can't access the phonebook. The status occasionally shows up as device disconnected. Restarting the phone and 740, and re-pairing didn't help.

Anyone know if TT broke the bluetooth code with their update or if there's some residual files/settings from before the factory reset that could be causing the problem?

Anyone know if TT broke the bluetooth code with their update or if there's some residual files/settings from before the factory reset that could be causing the problem?

See here. For rare phones, bluetooth is better after the update. For most phones, it's worse.

Tested GO 630 Bluetooth with BlackBerry 8300r

TomTom tested: GO 630
Wireless carrier: Rogers Wireless
What data plan is being used: BES 1 GB Data Plan
Phone manufacture and model number: BlackBerry Model 8300r

Handsfree: Works
Phonebook transfer: Works
SMS messaging: FAILS
Data transfer: Works

Worked on initial connection.

No issues, but the sound from speaker is a little weak.

TomTom Go 740TM Live.

ATT my wireless carrier

Have 2yr old Samsung SGH-G600 phone, quad band, world phone (purchased via Ebay from GB dealer) prior to trip to Eur.

Works great here on ATT w/o data service, ATT does not know how to get data or net started -- which bothers me not.

TT UK lists phone as voice and phone book capable, TT US CS does Sgt Shultz (Hogan's Heroes " I know nothing.")

Phone syncs without fail, transferred phone book, all is right with the world.

RE: TT Speaker output for handsfree BT call. UK TT site ssys, when call is in progress, touch screen in lower left corner, new slider pops up. Move slider to right to increase volume. Only affects HF call volume through TT speaker. That change stays in place and has no effect on regular GPS speaker volume. :D

TomTom tested: GO 630
Wireless carrier: Rogers Wireless
What data plan is being used: BES 1 GB Data Plan
Phone manufacture and model number: BlackBerry Model 8300r

Handsfree: Works
Phonebook transfer: Works
SMS messaging: FAILS
Data transfer: Works

Worked on initial connection.

No issues, but the sound from speaker is a little weak.
Take a look at my msg on next page. Process works great for me and for a phone that TT CS US won't even acknowledge.

G0 730 tests

TomTom tested, GO 730
Wireless carrier Rogers Canada
What data plan is being used if any. Smartphones data plan
Phone manufacturer and model number.BlackBerry 8520 ( not on Written TT list ), BlackBerry 9000 Bold (on the written TT list) & Nokia N95 (Not on the written TT list but listed on the TT GO 730 menu)
Which features work
Handsfree yes
Phonebook transfer yes
SMS messaging not tried
Data transfer Nope failed at 90 % with all the phones. Tried manual and automatic settings wiht Rogers technicians to no avail.:(

The problem now is that all the phones listes on the TT website are not sold anymore with a very few exeptions. All the new Smartphones are using advanced explotation system like Android, I would like to find something that works for my Tom Tom, The Rogers sale man (very willing to please and friendly) is looking to find an answer on his side to see what can work and is there network is at fault. Can someone help me, Iam willing to try Bell ,Telus, Fido, Solo or Virgin to be able to find a phone that works.

Tks

:)

Data transfer Nope failed at 90 % with all the phones. Tried manual and automatic settings wiht Rogers technicians to no avail.:(

90% is after the data transfer and connection succeeds, so it's not your settings. I noticed that in the last few weeks, the "submit connection stats" (I forget the exact language) server seems broken. If you agree to submit, it fails at 90%. If you skip the submission, it succeeds.

Ok thanks for the answers. I will have to try again with Rogers in Canada.

I have also tried with the Carrier Fido

Please be as complete as you can when posting what works and does not work. Please include the following:

* TomTom tested, i.e. GO 730
* Wireless carrier Fido
* What data plan is being used if any. Tethering I Giga
* Phone manufacture and model number. Sony Ericsson T-715 & Samsung SGH F-266
* Which features work
* Handsfree Yes
* Phonebook transfer Yes
* SMS messaging Not tested
* Data transfer (Failed connections to Tom Tom services)

However, I have also opened a problem ilog with Tom Tom Support after a discussion with their support:

I'am not at all happy with the answers provided. TOM TOM advertise in this Country that it has services available via Bluetooth connections and phones (Albeit reduce in this Country it is still available and part of TomTom Marketing strategy) My question is very simple what current/available Phone is working with my GO 730 first and if possible which carrier should I use in Canada, I have spent at least 10 hours at retail counters from Rogers/Fido/Bell & Telus to no avail. Please Help. UNQUOTE

Vox

HTC SMART
Connected to Yaris Tom Tom Bluetooth no bother and got phonebook but there's no text messages on the screen now.
My Motorola V656 did display these

Bold 9700

No go on the 9700. It can tether great with my laptop, but I think there's some strange config string that the GO 730 is sending. The BB display flashes Modem Mode Enabled for about .1 seconds and then I get the Failed message.

Does anyone know how to decode the connect2internet files? I believe those could be our salvation.

Ask a Question