Bluetooth: What Carrier's phones work and don't work: All models

AT&T and Motorola V3

Carrier: AT&T
Phone: Motorola V3
Plan: Prepaid 1mb for $4.99

Worked out of the box, using Cingular (Media Net) configuration.

Carrier: AT&T (old blue sim old ATT plan before Cingular)
Phone: Nokia N97
Plan: Old data plan Nmode
Go 920 with traffic and fuel prices.

Phone was working good with data transfer and not so good with hands free. I did disable hands free option (don't care about it) to make sure that traffic update works. All was great up to tonight. After connecting to TomTom Home and update software on GPS to latest one I lost data connection. Now when I try to acces traffic I have a display "this feature is not available" I did contact TomTom Cost service and complain about it but all I heard was "I'm sorry". My phone is not compatible any more!!.

Think twice before you update your software, some times may get worse...

Samsung SCH-510 voice.
GO 930

Same fun I am having.
After an upgrade Blutooth still recognises the phone but but reports "this feature is not available" when I try to select a phone number or attempt a redial.

Carrier: AT&T (old blue sim old ATT plan before Cingular)
Phone: Nokia N97
Plan: Old data plan Nmode
Go 920 with traffic and fuel prices.

Phone was working good with data transfer and not so good with hands free. I did disable hands free option (don't care about it) to make sure that traffic update works. All was great up to tonight. After connecting to TomTom Home and update software on GPS to latest one I lost data connection. Now when I try to acces traffic I have a display "this feature is not available" I did contact TomTom Cost service and complain about it but all I heard was "I'm sorry". My phone is not compatible any more!!.

Think twice before you update your software, some times may get worse...

I've had no problems with an Nokia N97 on app 8.351 with t-Mobile. The N97 supports everything except SMS and DTMF on the Tomtom. Did you update the N97 fimware to version 12? it fixed a ton of bugs. Then unpair and repair (initiating with the Tomtom). When the Tomtom asks for data choose Nokia/Other as the phone, and US/Cingular Medianet as the data plan.

See here to address the handsfree issue.

Last edited:
Strange.
I have latest firmware v12 on my n97, and my GPS was just updated last night to latest software.
What hapen is now when I paired with my GPS just after finishing pair phone as hands free device there is no screen asking for data transfer setup anymore, instead there is a red screen with a display that my phone is not compatible with data transfer. After that when I ask to traffiic info, fuel price or check my TomTom account a display pop up "This feature is not suported".

Is there any way I can go back to previous software version?

To mvl:
Thanks for your advice man! I did reset GPS, deleted all old setting and paired again from scratch and works!
Probably have some old setting before still on phone or GPS and that may mess things up a little.
Now seems like hands free works good also.
Thanks again for your advice

UPDATE: Data settings worked with my new Curve 8900 (calling it a BB 8800).

TomTom tested - 730
Phone - AT&T Curve 8300 (and now Curve 8900)
firmware v4.5.0.124
Blackberry Data Plan

phone book. Yes
handsfree. Yes
SMS. No
Data Connection. Yes (traffic & weather)

I had to manually set the access. I used the following:

APN: wap.cingular
Username: (e-mail address removed)
Password: CINGULAR1
(other settings were automatic)

I am having one heck of a time of finding the right info for setting my phone to the TomTom 930.
Here are the details...

Phone LG UX840
Carrier is USCC
TomTom 930

Any Help would be much appreciated.
This is what it ask for in the set-up...

Access point name
Username
Password
Dial
Login scrpit

Best!
Brad

Carrier is USCC...

This post says it can't be done.

I saw another post that said to try these settings, beware that USCC may bill you for usage as peak voice minutes.

Access point name: blank
Username: (e-mail address removed)
Password: yourphonenumber
Dial: #777
Login scrpit: blank

Post back if it works.

Worked Perfectly. And as you mentioned, it does count against my minutes.
Greatly appreciate your help and this forum. Helped me get the most out of my TomTom 930.

Best regards.

Brad;)

TomTom Go 720 BlueTooth Works with my Verizon BlackBerry 8830

I had to make an adjustment on my Blackberry 8830 for the tom tom 720 to pair up with my phone. On my Blackberry i made sure Bluetooth was enabled. to do this go to the options from the main screen on your blackberry and select bluetooth, from this screen you can enable the bluetooth device. Then you can select add a device from the menu selection and it will pick up the tom tom device and display it as tom tom go 720 in your blackberry phone.

Once you have tom tom go 720 displayed on your blackberry phone, then go into the device properties of the bluetooth device it found on your blackberry(labeled tom tom go 720) and make sure that these seletions are selected:
trusted: Yes
Encryption: Enabled
Echo Control: Automatic

Then go back to the bluetooth paired devices, where it shows your blue tooth paired device labeled
tom tom go 720 and highlight it and click the menu button and select options and make sure these settings are selected in your bluetooth options:
Discoverable: Yes
Allow out going calls: Always
and the rest of the selections are up to you. the most important thing to check in this setting, is to make sure that Discoverable is set to "Yes"

Once you have done these settings on your Blackberry then you can go to the bluetooth settings on your tomtom device and it will pair up with your Blacknerry phone.

I have unlimited calling and the data plan that lets me connect to the internet on my blackberry phone, so that will be another thing to look at if you still cannot get your tom tom device to pair up with your blackberry 8830

phones

sonyericsson works great on my go 630. handsfree traffic weather att media nett. when your pairing for tom tom services make sure you hit cingular media works.

* TomTom tested: GO 740
* Wireless carrier: T-mobile
* What data plan is being used if any.
* Phone manufacture and model number: Blackberry Curve 8900

Which features work

* Handsfree: Yes
* Phonebook transfer: Only transfers numbers, not names. I manually typed the contacts list to get the names in there.
* SMS messaging. Yes
* Data transfer (when testing try weather service as no subscription is required). Unknown.

Pairing with Android?

Anyone have data or experience pairing with Motorola's "Droid" or any other Android-based smartphones? :confused:

Thanks.

Anyone have data or experience pairing with Motorola's "Droid" or any other Android-based smartphones? :confused:

Thanks.

I don't remember seeing many posts on Android-based phones. Most phones these days work fine for handsfree, so I suspect the Droid would be the same.

I took a quick check on specs, and none of the Android phones today (including the Droid) have Bluetooth DUN, so none will work for Tomtom plus services.

Personally, I'd take your Tomtom to a Verizon store, and test out the handsfree functions yourself prior to purchase.

Wouldn't that make one or the other redundant?

For reasons explained here, I don't think the Droid will be anywhere near as good as a Tomtom Go or XL for navigation, at least in the initial year.

For reasons explained here, I don't think the Droid will be anywhere near as good as a Tomtom Go or XL for navigation, at least in the initial year.
I wasn't thinking about quality but rather the Droid being a Data fed GPS already, why pair it with a GPS.

Arno, since there are no 'unlimited data plans' in Canada, you better go hunting for a mortgage to pay for using a Droid here.

I wasn't thinking about quality but rather the Droid being a Data fed GPS already, why pair it with a GPS.
I'm mostly concerned with hands-free. My state is one of those which adopted "Distracted Driving" laws, last month.

Personally, I'd take your Tomtom to a Verizon store, and test out the handsfree functions yourself prior to purchase..

This suggestion is Full of WIN!! :D

Thanks!

Ask a Question