BlueTooth connectivity problem TT620 and iPhone X Newest OS

Discussion in 'Bluetooth/Phone Connectivity' started by OnTrack Joe, Jul 29, 2019.

1. OnTrack Joe

OnTrack Joe

TomTom Model(s):
    TTGo620
    Using every possible combination - reinstalling MyDrive App,, resetting TT Unit, connecting with Bluetooth to TT, Logging out and signing into my account, Pairing with unit and always able to show that unit is connected at every possible step. Problem - iPhone App MyDrive in Bluetooth mode will not send distination to TT. When phone is connected to Wi-Fi in my house(and driveway) and outside my work office, connection to TT perfectly and able to send destination. When phone is not connected to WiFi the ability to send destination to TT will not work. Enabling phone hotspot works o.k. too but I don't want to exceed my service plan hotspot limit.

OnTrack Joe, Jul 29, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. OnTrack Joe

Arno Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    930; GO 620; Start 63
    IIRC, connection is via WiFi, if available, fall back BT, meaning gobbling up your Data plan if you spend time on the 285 and north as it will constantly check for accidents and for alternative routes around them.

Arno, Jul 29, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. OnTrack Joe

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    The advantage of the BT connection (vs. WiFi) is that TT has done something clever with a low level BT protocol for the phone app that does not require tethering service, and would not therefore count against any tethering minutes if there is already a tethering plan in place. So it;s clearly an advantage to many to make the BT connection work.

I'd call support to see if they can help sort it out since it sounds like you've done everything right.

canderson, Jul 29, 2019
  4. OnTrack Joe

OnTrack Joe

TomTom Model(s):
    TTGo620
    Although I appreciate the reply, it simply does not address my situation. I have owned well over 5 TT's for years and the last 3 units always worked flawlessly in regard to connection to the iPhone Bluetooth function. My current TT Go620(which I have had for well over a year) worked perfectly until a few weeks ago. Will not send destinations to my Go620 when away from my WiFi at home and at my warehouse. Will not send destinations when depending on Bluetooth, even though every indication on TT and my iPhone is that everything is connected. Also, Traffic is not working unless connected to HotSpot function on my IPhone.

OnTrack Joe, Jul 29, 2019
  5. OnTrack Joe

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    I was only concurring that using the app usually has benefits over being stuck with WiFi tethering.
    Yes, I understand that it had been working, but your topic title appeared to indicate that the problem began with the latest release of iOS.
    12.3.2 was just released on June 20, so I made an assumption about your title and that timing. It wouldn't be the first time something was missed in iOS regression testing before release.

Perhaps I read to much into that?

The lack of traffic is an interesting additional data point. As it's not just destinations that fail to be received by the phone, it would seem to be a larger issue of the BT connection failing. Are there ANY features functioning between your phone and 620 that require Bluetooth?

Let's go back a bit. What was the configuration of your phone the last time that your 620 did operate normally with the iOS MyDrive app running on it?

canderson, Jul 30, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question