Blinking Green light, no power?!

Hi All!!

I've recently got hold of a ONE XL, there were complaints of it not charging up before it made its way into my hands.

If I plug it into my Mac, then the green LED at the front flashes, it constantly blinks quickly. If I plug it into a Windows PC, then Windows complains that it doesnt even recognise it along with no flashing light.

There is no SD card in the bottom, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I've tried holding the reset button for upto a minute! Combinations of reset and power buttons, but nothing.

Can anyone help, or at least tell me what the flashing light could mean?

Cheers,

Sven.

Edit: Is this the wrong section!? Sorry :-(

The blinking green light is not normal. The only thing I can think of is the usb cable you are using is faulty. Try another one.

Other than that........sure seems as if the internal hardware on the unit is not able to get and retain a charge.

Can you try connecting with the car charger and see what happens. If the unit still blinks, then I guess it's broken.

Cheers Dhn,

I'll have to borrow one.. I've only got the unit. One of my colleges has a TomTom ONE. I'll try that first and I'll let you know.

I'm assuming that the batteries are easy to come by?

Cheers,

Sven.

I think it's more than a battery issue, otherwise the light wouldn't be blinking when the unit is connected using a proper cable or car charger. It would be a solid light.

Anyway, try to seek out a different cable or try the car charger first.

Ok, I tried the in-car charger, and there were no lights. nothing.

oh.

so, is it worth getting a battery?

As I said, if there are no lights, I think it is more than a battery issue...............

It's a hardware issue that I can't resolve here. Sorry. you'll need to call support.

For sure is a hardware problem ,send it to a repair centre .you can try this if you whant

[live link removed by moderator - if you're attempting to sell your repair service as you have posted it in numerous posts, please contact our forum administrator regarding paid advertising]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can repair this problem for a nominal fee. I've now repaired about 20 units with this fault.
If you're interested send me an email to (e-mail address removed)

Yep, it is fixable, but Tomtom support will not do it! I have fixed 2 of them so far on my own. They should have made the USB connector attach to the case rather than to the PC board where it causes stress cracks in the traces! Oh well,,, nothing is perfect!

Hi all,

thanks for all the input.

As a bit of a long shot, I had a word with TomTom and they said they'd have a look at it. If it was gonna cost anything to repair it, then they would tell me what was wrong and a price. If the board was at fault, then it was gonna cost a fair amount.

So, just to get their opinion I sent it to them (hey, it was free - whats the worst that could happen)

less than a week later I get it back, saying they'd replaced the battery... for free!! BONUS!! :D

What can I say!!?? Thank you TomTom Customer Services!!!

flashing green light

Hi i have a 910 doing the same flashing green light problem, is this one fried too ?

Jabus

Ask a Question