XL one shows GUAM & Blinking stars in Toronto

Hi,
I am a first time user of Tomtom one XL, used it on a couple of trips and found some streets roads, missing thus went ahead to update my map, loaded tomtom home on my PC got some updates and proceeded to upgrade the device.

Now I have the same problem as described -- blank screen with blinking stars, GPS cordinates show the city I live in but the map shows GUAM - Streets and cities never heard of, I don,t have a clue of, my geography being poor (may be in the land of Alladin and his magic lamp --at least for me).

Like always I read the manual after the encounter, means I did not take a backup of the device.
Can any one guide me on this issue, thanks.

Regards
:eek:
Pius

Hi,
I am a first time user of Tomtom one XL, used it on a couple of trips and found some streets roads, missing thus went ahead to update my map, loaded tomtom home on my PC got some updates and proceeded to upgrade the device.

Now I have the same problem as described -- blank screen with blinking stars, GPS cordinates show the city I live in but the map shows GUAM - Streets and cities never heard of, I don,t have a clue of, my geography being poor (may be in the land of Alladin and his magic lamp --at least for me).

Like always I read the manual after the encounter, means I did not take a backup of the device.
Can any one guide me on this issue, thanks.

Regards
:eek:
Pius

This started happening to me because my USA & Canada map started becoming corrupted. Eventually after too much corruption, the USA & Canada map gave up all together and the ONE XL decides to switch to the next available map. Try to see if you can switch your map to USA & Canada. If you can, you MIGHT start to see garbage streets around you. If all looks well when you select it, then you're good to go, but most likely you'll need to reload the USA & Canada Map.

If you don't have a backup like you stated in your other post, you will need to contact customer service so they can add the map to your HOME account to redownload it. I was surprised to see that TomTom animates the stars at night :)

Don't forget that you have 1 year from initial purchase of a map to download (or re-download) the map from TomTom's web site.

Ask a Question