Blinking blue dot

TomTom Model(s)
GO2505
Whenever I 'show map of route' for a route I created, the blinking blue dot appears. I understand it adds some value but is there anyway to disable it? Whenever I try and move around in the map, wherever I touch the screen with my finger, the blue dot follows. It is especially annoying when you zoom in.

No way I know to disable it. It's used as confirmation as to the point in question, without which, it might be tough to tell whether it caught what you meant or not.

That's the cursor and it's a vital part of the system.

With a spot on the map marked with it, tap the blue cursor button at the bottom of the screen and you'll see you can navigate to it, find POIs near it, add that EXACT position as a Favourite or POI, make a map correction there etc. etc.

Without having a point marked the device would have no idea where abouts on the map you wanted to do any of those things.

Thanks Andy. I already have a route mapped out and am trying to get from point A to point B. Not sure why I need a blue blinking dot in the middle. I understand it could be of benefit as you described, I just find it annoying because as I trace the route or try to expand, as soon as I touch the screen the blue dot moves there and obscures the detail of my map. So I just thought maybe there was a setting where you could temporarily disable it, that's all. As I'm a new user, perhaps it's just a matter of getting used to it. Thanks for your response.

Ask a Question