Application 8.301 Update - can not operate my go

It would be nice if TT realized that every firmware upgrade REQUIRES a new .dll to operate the emulator; sadly, that is beyond them .. :(
That's only true if they jack with the API -- the operation of the hooks in the code between the unit and the application on the PC. Trouble is, they do seem to do that on nearly every firmware release. It's incredible that the folks doing the firmware don't sit down in a Change Control Board meeting, announce that they are about to fiddle the hooks in their code again, and either get the blessing of the PC application guys and a mutually agreed upon schedule for release, or the raspberries that usually accompany an annoucement of that sort.

I don't think these guys talk much, or if they do, it's "tribal knowledge" picked up in the hallways and never documented.

Over the year I've owned my TT and watched this outfit operate in the code realm, I'd say they've got a really creative but undisciplined software development team and a really pi$$ poor software management team.

As a Q/A analyst for a software company, I sure cannot argue with your assessment of the situation at TT; if anything, you are being too kind.:eek:

It does NOT fix the stuttering.

And still, the question remains...

Why is it, some have *NO stuttering issues at all ? *including myself

sceenie.jpg

I don't have any idea why some don't stutter, but perhaps some questions shouldn't be asked. You might not like the response. STUTTER.CAB may suddenly show up in your update screeen.

My 720 stutters as bad after 8.301 as before. A conversation between Elmer Fudd and Susan could be quite entertaining.

Which is why it is difficult for TT to nab this bug, I suspect. Why are some not affected?? (I, too, never had stuttering. Garbled words? Stuttering? Nope)

Anyone else gets Home freezing up on clicking "Show contents of my device" button? I couldn't care less if that function works, but it shows that it can't read devices internal memory and thats a serious bug if you ask me

I get the same hang when I try any button that reads the internal memory (show contents; backup; uininstall, etc)!

Garble

Mine just acted up yesterday after I did some updates. Bluetooth sound is fine but the second half of a direction sounds like the speaker is going out and you can't understand a word. Its really annoying. I would say the speaker was going out but the talking over the phone is very clear... :confused:

I do not have any studdering on my 720 either, but I am using my wife's recorded voice, too. ...some might say, "bitching, nagging, whining"....nope!...what I get is "left turn ahead my darling"..."you have reached your destination...come in to momma's loving arms"... I am the one studdering...lol.

For some reason (lucky), I have not had any stuttering issues up through 8.3 (staying away from this one for now), except once when at max volume, Kate broke up (not stuttering).

It only happened a few times, and only at max volume.

I do not have any studdering on my 720 either, but I am using my wife's recorded voice, too. ...some might say, "bitching, nagging, whining"....nope!...what I get is "left turn ahead my darling"..."you have reached your destination...come in to momma's loving arms"... I am the one studdering...lol.
I get your point... :) But, it is important to note that the stuttering only happens with the computer generated voices, not the recorded ones.

-Frank

I get your point... :) But, it is important to note that the stuttering only happens with the computer generated voices, not the recorded ones.

-Frank

doesn't it not do something when you use recorded voices. i forget what it is

Also, speech to text (ie: giving verbal commands to the tomtom) is disabled if you don't have a computer voice loaded.

Operate my Go

I have 4 Go 720's all with the new 8.301 firmware. 1 is working fine with the operate my go on Tomtom Home, the other 3 gives me the stupid error message.

The only difference is that the 1 that works has a 4GB SD card, the others don't have an SD card installed.

Also, all 4 have the stuttering problem.

Dave

I have 4 Go 720's all with the new 8.301 firmware. 1 is working fine with the operate my go on Tomtom Home, the other 3 gives me the stupid error message.

The only difference is that the 1 that works has a 4GB SD card, the others don't have an SD card installed.

Also, all 4 have the stuttering problem.

Dave
I have a 4GB card and mine does not work with operate my go.

-Frank

Ask a Question