Application 8.301 Update - can not operate my go

I just updated my application file on my 720 (version 8.301). Now I can not "operate my go" through Tom Tom HOME. I'm getting a "This function is not supported for your navigation device or operating system".

Yep, unfortunately, others in various forums are discovering the same problem. One person said he: 1) rebooted his computer and 2 ) did a pin reset and THEN he got it to work .... once. But not after he shut off the computer a second time and restarted.

As with other firmware releases, you'll just have to wait till TT decides to make available the necessary .dll file to run the emulator.

I recently did a back up. Do you think I should restore the old version? What are the improvements with the new app version?

Oh, joy! I was so excited to finally have the issues with the previous update fixed only to find a new problem. I have been using Google Maps a lot to send destinations to my unit, but it doesn't work now.:mad: Thank goodness I did a full backup prior to upgrading.

I tested my 720 for a couple of hours after installing the 8.31 application. It seemed fast. All of my custom POI's were not checked like they were after the last update. And there was no stuttering this time around. However, as stated above, I send destinations from Google Maps to my 720 which requires OMG to work. I have restored my backup and all is well.

Last edited:
I have NOT heard of ANY improvements in 8.301 yet..........

Why not wait till there is some positive feedback .... from anybody!

How long has 8.301 been available? It just popped up today as a "upgrade".

I did a TT restore. I still have version 8.301 Did the install program do an auto backup without my knowing it? Is there a way to get 8.300 back on the unit?

Last edited:
First, where are you looking to see what version is installed on your unit? The proper way is to tap the satellite bars on your unit and the next screen shows the version number of the firmware installed.

There is a report the ONLY fix in 8.301 is for Australian 9x units to fix a problem where EPT was not working.

In other words, for 99% of us, don't bother to upgrade to 8.301.

No-Go on "Operate My Go"

I bought my TT 930 about ten days ago and having been using Operate My Go (OMG) just fine... that is until this morning right after I downloaded a few updates... one of which was the new firmware v.8.301. Right after that I could no longer access my unit through OMG. I called TT support and he was surprised I have been able to use OMG at all as they have been having the problem over the last month. He said they had been getting calls about it. He had no idea when they would have a fix but they are reportedly working on it.

Sounds strange to me.

RD

I bought my TT 930 about ten days ago and having been using Operate My Go (OMG) just fine... that is until this morning right after I downloaded a few updates... one of which was the new firmware v.8.301. Right after that I could no longer access my unit through OMG. I called TT support and he was surprised I have been able to use OMG at all as they have been having the problem over the last month. He said they had been getting calls about it. He had no idea when they would have a fix but they are reportedly working on it.

Sounds strange to me.

RD
They'll prolly update the TT HOME application rather than the App. What really chaps my a#$ about this is that I specifically avoided upgrading to the {{hack}} to fix the stuttering because I didn't want to lose OMG capability. Then, when I update to the official release, I lose it anyway! And I still have the damned stuttering! Geeze!

-Frank

I have Go 730 and just got off the phone with Tomtom tech support guy, overwhelmed him from the get go with I know that you updated the firmware to 8.301 and didn't update Home app, so there is that stupid error message, I need to know pronto when you gonna have that updated? He was like Umm, let me ask my supervisor, put me on hold and in 2 minutes he told that the update for the Home comes on Feb 17th and that issue should be resolved. Someone said before that it doesn't involve 99% of users, so I'm in that unlucky 1%, because my job (in IT) requires me driving to the new addresses every single day, so finding them in Google Maps and sending them to the device is a given to me. Hope that update on 17th really fixes it, because otherwise device seems to be snappier after going to 8.301 and I don't want to revert to the older slower one.

If you are in IT, I presume you knew enough to have a full backup PRIOR to upgrading to 8.301. Assuming you did, just delete the current firmware and restore 8.300.

It would be nice if TT realized that every firmware upgrade REQUIRES a new .dll to operate the emulator; sadly, that is beyond them .. :(

Of course I did a backup, in fact I have several to choose from depending on how far back do I want to go. But again, after 8.301 it seems faster, every screen redraws for like a half a second snappier than before, so assuming they will be accurate with that update for Home on 17th I'll wait. I've found another bug which is probably connected with the same issue: when you click on "Show contents of my device" it hangs Home no matter how many times I tried it with reboots of my machine and device itself. Can you confirm that?

First I've heard of that but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm surprised you find the screens snappier since others report no changes in that area whatsoever; in fact, the ONLY purported fix in 8.301 is for Australian 9x models where EPT wasn't working.

First I've heard of that but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm surprised you find the screens snappier since others report no changes in that area whatsoever; in fact, the ONLY purported fix in 8.301 is for Australian 9x models where EPT wasn't working.

It became definitely faster on my 730, on every screen, it's been that way when I bought it and it got slower somewhere along firmware upgrades. I saw on some other forum the list of changes in files and I believe its more than just Australian EPT issue, they might just optimized the code for the existing hardware.

Thanks to all for your input and comments.

Backup is something I will do in the future for sure. I'm a long-time user of handheld Garmin GPS's, but this is my first GPS for my car and my first TomTom. I hope they get this issue fixed quickly. The OMG function must get a lot of use from owners... how difficult could a fix like this really be given the importance of OMG?

RD

Anyone else gets Home freezing up on clicking "Show contents of my device" button? I couldn't care less if that function works, but it shows that it can't read devices internal memory and thats a serious bug if you ask me

I've found another bug which is probably connected with the same issue: when you click on "Show contents of my device" it hangs Home no matter how many times I tried it with reboots of my machine and device itself. Can you confirm that?
Doesn't do that here. Show Contents works as advertised.

I {{should}} also state that I can't be sure about 8.301 not fixing stuttering. I haven't really tested it well enough yet. Today it didn't stutter. But...

I was just basing my assumption that it didn't fix stuttering on the fact that the documented fixes didn't mention it. We'll see.

-Frank

Never had problem with stuttering just with general slowness and occasionally sound would go off altogether until i reboot my 730. Waiting for that 17th update need OMG badly!

Ask a Question