Anyone ever have this problem..I hope so...

I just re-installed my os (winxp) and I can't install TomTom Home, it dl's the .exe file, but when I try to run it, nothing happens. I downloaded other programs with .exe files and they execute, but this does nothing. I used the one on my device (TT1v3) and the download from the site with the same result. I don't have anything crazy on my pc-firefox, avast. I even shutoff my firwall and virus protection to see if that would make a difference. Any ideas?

When you click on it to start, if you go into Task Manager, does homerunner.exe show as an Application or Process which is listed?

Another suggestion:

Start-->Run-->services.msc

Now, when the window opens up, scroll down to a service that looks like Home(something). If one is there, see if the service shows as 'started'. Also, if it exists, right click it to get to its properties screen. If it shows as 'disabled', then select 'automatic', click the 'start' button below it and click 'ok' on the properties screen to close.

Now, try to launch Home again.

If you did a clean install of XP, I am surprised that you are having issues. But if you used the Windows Recovery Counsel, which re-installs the os and all original apps, I am not too surprised, as there are old program (and I believe program data) and other files left from the old installation.

In that case, you might want to first uninstall Home, and then hunt down all instances of the program and delete them (but not the backup, download, etc. user files in the Home folder in Documents - keep all of that).

Then, if you are familiar with it - you could use REGEDIT to get rid of any remaining drivers, etc.

But, just like backing up your TomTom device and/or files, set a restore point in XP before you mess around too much.

Nothing..

Nope it doesn't show up there at all. This is weird I figured with a fresh install I wouldn't have a problem. I t installs on my vista machine downstairs but I'd really like it on this one.

Last suggestion before having you call Support.

Control Panel-->administrative Tools-->Event Logger-->Application. does it have a listing that appears to be related to Home? If so, see what's said.

Nope nothing there

This is aggravating..I wonder if it's an installed program that conflicts with this one. Would you know the number to support off hand?

What version of Home did you install - and where was it from?

If it is an old one from a file, you might try downloading a new one fresh from TT and installing it..

What version of Home did you install - and where was it from?

If it is an old one from a file, you might try downloading a new one fresh from TT and installing it..

It's the current version from the website..this stinks:mad:

Ask a Question