910 ipod question

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 335S
Hi all,

I will be taking delivery of my new TT 910 next week. I also have a One and love it! My question is this:

I have a connector already installed in my car that goes to the back of my factory-installed radio and plugs into where the CD changer would have gone. It spits out the ipod connector under my dash, and it is an ipod connection (not an audio input cable). This cable plays my ipod through my car's stereo while also charging it.

Can I use this with my TT 910? I'm wondering what will happen if I connect the audio cable to both the ipod (via the headphone jack) and the TT 910? Will it come out my stereo, since the ipod is already connected through my car?

I hope this makes sense, I'm not quite sure how else to explain it and am not a car stereo junkie. It would just be nice if I was able to make the TT910 work with what I already have.

Thanks to anyone who can respond!

Last edited:
What your describing sounds like an aux connection. If so this will work with your 910 and will be able to hear instructions through your car's speakers.

If you plug your iPod into a dock connector to run it through your stereo, the TomTom isn't going to hook up to that.

that being said, if your stereo has an extra input that you ran your iPod connector to, you could just swap it out and install a different adaptor that gives you an extra audio input.

Thanks for your reply. You are right, as it is now, it doesn't work with the Tomtom. It is a dock-type connector that connects the iPod to my stereo.

So what you are saying is, I can get another plug and swap out what's in there now with a plain audio input type connector?

Thanks for your reply. You are right, as it is now, it doesn't work with the Tomtom. It is a dock-type connector that connects the iPod to my stereo.

So what you are saying is, I can get another plug and swap out what's in there now with a plain audio input type connector?

It's probably pretty likely - you might have to do some digging around. There's an adapter made by PIE that adds aux inputs.

Is your iPod interface a third party thing, or something designed by the manufacturer of your radio?

This is what I have:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7444483&st=ipod2car&type=product&id=1124432782355

I purchased it at Best Buy, the only difference is it's for a GMC vehicle (Chevy Tahoe.)

Is it too much to ask for you to take a look at this and give me your suggestions on how to change it? I'll be researching the adapter from PIE to see if they make something, and I might also swing back by Best Buy and ask the guys there. Or I may have better luck going to a dedicated car audio store.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer!

Ask a Question