910 w/ iPod Control: Issue with Volume Mute

TomTom Model(s)
Hello all,

This is my first post in your community. Looks like a great place to hang out! Overall, I'm very happy with my 910, and am looking forward to learning more about how to get the most from it.

I recently picked up the iPod interface cable, and find that it works pretty well. I do have a couple of qualms, though, and I'm curious if others have noticed the same things...

Biggest issue: When switching from navigation mode to iPod control mode, or vice versa, the TomTom "forgets" whether I had muted the navigation voice. At first I thought this was a feature--that the TomTom was turning on the voice when it wasn't displaying the map in nav mode. Alas, it leaves the voice on when switchign back to nav mode. This is a bit of a nuisance, as I often like to turn the voice off in familiar areas and listen to my music uninterrupted. So, I have to reset the voice mute every time I switch from iPod control back to nav mode. Has anyone else noticed this issue? I think my software is current, but does anyone know if this gets fixed in an update?

Lesser issue: Pressing "back" while in iPod control mode always brings you back to the highest level of iPod navigation. For example, if I'm listening to a song or Podcast from a particular artist and a particular album, and I want to listen to another file from that same group, I have to re-navigate to that artist/album from the start. Ideally, I'd like to see the TomTom remember where you are in the iPod file structure--just like the iPod does.

Other than those items, I'm pretty happy with the iPod interface. Now, if I could just ditch this iPod FM transmitter I'm using for the audio and get a direct interface to my car stereo, I'd be all set.

Any tips or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Ask a Question