910 and ipod touch

I have a hardwired plug in my truck for the 910 straight to stereo. I just got a ipod touch. Problem is there is only one audio out for the tom tom. I can either listen to music off the tom tom or unplug it and plug the ipod in. I would like to use the ipod control feature bon the 910 but I can not plug the ipod into the 910 and hook into the stereo at the same time. Can I use a 2 jack splitter into the 910 to plug the stereo system into the 910 at the same time as the ipod? will this work or is their some other way to work this? FM transmitter is no go can not find clear station in Denver. Any help appreciated.

Why not load your mp3 tracks directly to the 910as its easy to free up 15GB of space on the drive, then tou don't need the iPOD lead and the 910 can handle all the music/ nav instructions down the one connection to the stereo
If you want to get the audio to the car withour using wires don't forget the 910 supports A2DP Bluetooth which can stream the sound using Bluetooth with no interference at all, but this would need a compatible stereo in the cab - Mike

Why not load your mp3 tracks directly to the 910as its easy to free up 15GB of space on the drive, then tou don't need the iPOD lead and the 910 can handle all the music/ nav instructions down the one connection to the stereo
If you want to get the audio to the car withour using wires don't forget the 910 supports A2DP Bluetooth which can stream the sound using Bluetooth with no interference at all, but this would need a compatible stereo in the cab - Mike

I already spent a hundred and twenty on hard leads. The ipod has blue tooth but I do not think they see each other. There is an "ipod cable" on ebay. Do not want to order unless this works. Do not want to replace stereo. Would the two jack splitter work? 910 is already full ipod has 30gs worth want some audiobooks and stuff.

You cannot use Bluetooth to transmit audio from the iPOD to the 910 as thats not supported, You will need the iPOD accessory lead from TomTom/ E-Bay, bear in mind this lead doesn't supply any power to the iPOD so on a longer trip you might run out of power on the iPOD.

There are small "mixer" boxes that can take two audio signals and merge them in to one that can then be fed to the car deck aux input, I have only seen these is some of the UK based stores that I use from time to time such as Maplins, not too familure with the US based stores that suit the home elctronics hobby. A basic "Y" splitter might work but I have no expericance of using ine - Mike

Ask a Question