720 TouchScreen automatically changes

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
I am having a unique issue with my GO 720. If I just leave the screen on the home page, after a while, it automatically clicks on the right-top corner of the screen, this will take it to the menu.
2. Again it clicks and this time it finds the 'Help Me" button
3. Clicks again and goes into the "Find nearest Police Station"

Stops there in the screen asking me to type in to find the nearest Police station :)

How do i correct this? I have tried factory reset in the GPS and also the Reset button in the bottom of the device. Nothing worked.

First of all, slowly slide the corner of a business card around the entire circumferance of the screen under the bezel to see if there is a bit of gunge that got in there.

First of all, slowly slide the corner of a business card around the entire circumferance of the screen under the bezel to see if there is a bit of gunge that got in there.
Thanks for the reply, what do you mean by "under the bezel"?

The frame that covers the screen.
Some times dust accumulates between that frame an the screen which can lead to untouched phantom "tapping".

As dhn said, use nothing harder than a business card as it may damage the screen.

The frame that covers the screen.
Some times dust accumulates between that frame an the screen which can lead to untouched phantom "tapping".

As dhn said, use nothing harder than a business card as it may damage the screen.
Thanks for the help. Will surely give it a try.

If that doesn't work, then your problem is one of heat having warped the bezel slightly. We don't see this as much on the 720 as we do the 630 model where it's actually pretty common, but it happens. Let us know if that cleaning works. If not, you have a little work to do on the bezel to keep it from contacting the upper right corner of the screen as it warms up. The touch screen doesn't know a bezel from a finger!

Ask a Question