720 help asap on price and maps

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 720
I have a TT1 V2 I was going to update maps to NA for $80.00. I figured maybe I should save the $80.00 and just get a 720 since the 720 now can be tweeked for voice reconition. I played with a 720 today and was impressed.

First question did you 720 come with the North America map or the US/canada map as I have just read a few posts where guys bought a 720 and it had us/ canada map. which I do not want it must have the NA map.

is $349.00 deleivered a good price? Locally in store it is 449.00 or more

I got mine at Sam's club for $350 like 2 weeks ago. Check out Sam's or Costco. Same price as shipping but you also get the instant gratification. :-D

It came with North America & Guam version 7.05, which is easily upgraded to the most recent version 7.10 using the Latest Map Guarantee.

I know cosco did not have them. You also have to add tax to the price if you get locally.

I saw this in one online add for the 720

! JUST RELEASED VERSION 9 (2008) MAPS

is it true is juat a way of getting your sale:confused:

I've never seen that type of versions (version 9 (2008) ) mentioned on here... It's always been 710.xxxx or 675.xxxx etc. Not sure how version 9 would correlate with the actual version numbers...

I know cosco did not have them. You also have to add tax to the price if you get locally.

I saw this in one online add for the 720

! JUST RELEASED VERSION 9 (2008) MAPS

is it true is juat a way of getting your sale:confused:

Is the online one new or used?

is $349.00 deleivered a good price? Locally in store it is 449.00 or more

Sure is. That's as low as I've seen it anywhere. $399 has been more typical during the period where TT was cutting their original MSRP by $100.

I just found it for 329.00 at a photo store. I am leary that it may be a refurb for these prices though.:confused:
There are some refurb TT units out there for sale, but for the more recent models, I'm not sure I'd let that dissuade me from buying one. I'd think twice about buying an older model refurb primarily because I would not know the number of cycles the previous user had put on the battery, and if the battery is working, I really doubt that they are being replaced during the refurb process.

A newer unit, where the total battery cycles can't be very high, might be a good deal. While having had no experience with TT's refurb program, I've found in the past that many manufacturers do a very good job with them, and the 2nd pass through a burn-in might even provide some additional assurance as to the quality of the rest of the unit that hadn't been repaired. In past years, I've bought several "refurb" items with good success.

Would be interesting to hear what others have experienced in their refurb'd TT purchases.

Since the "post Christmas" pricing has kicked in, you don't see all of the deals on the 720 at $399 that were out there before ($499 MSRP - $100). Now a more typical price is more on the order of $449, but Abe's of Maine still has them at $379, shipping included. Have purchased things from that outfit before with good results.

got mine off amazon yesterday for 330 shipped brand new...plus signed up for their credit card making my total $300...since coming on here and reading that u can get voice recognition to work...i scrapped the 920t idea and jumped into the 720

I just found it for 329.00 at a photo store. I am leary that it may be a refurb for these prices though.:confused:

If the place was BroadwayPhoto.com not to worry, I just got mine from there and it was brand new in a sealed box. The seller has fantastic reviews and lots of em. I would buy from them again.

:) :) :) :) :)

I guess I will pull the trigger tomarrow. 329.00 deleivered is a great price .

What map version and map did your come with and did you do the voice reconitation trick yet?

:) :) :) :) :)

I guess I will pull the trigger tomarrow. 329.00 deleivered is a great price .

What map version and map did your come with and did you do the voice reconitation trick yet?

Mine came with the older Home 1.6, firmware, and map. A quick tether to the PC
got me Home2, firmware 7.221, and the latest map guarantee got me 710.1584.
Yes I did the voice recognition trick and it works fine.

That is good news. I cannot beleive the 160 release map has not hit yet.

Did you only get the 30 day latest map deal? I wonder can that be used only once or if they release 160 on Monday like I had read could you go get that updated map also as long it is within the first 30 days

That is good news. I cannot beleive the 160 release map has not hit yet.

Did you only get the 30 day latest map deal? I wonder can that be used only once or if they release 160 on Monday like I had read could you go get that updated map also as long it is within the first 30 days

I used it to get the NA 710.1584.
Not sure if it can be used twice or not... guess I'll be testing that out if the
newer map comes out in the next few days as you read.

Just read it can be used over and over for the 30 days to get the latest maps. Man I wish I knew that when I bought my TT1 and was on vacation for 2 weeks after so in hence I lost 2 full weeks of updates.

Ask a Question