Go 720 Help: Drowning novice needs rope

Hi,

I got a Go 720 off ebay the other day.

Everything seemed ok, but O noticed that speed limits, speed camara speeds were wrong and I would be driving on none existent roads (bit unerving), but the 720 always recalculated so got to destination.

Anyway, I connect it to the docking station on a regular basis and it goes through the updating basis, but I still have the errors. I was offered a bungle of updates for Europe (came to ?80) so I reluctantly purchased them and guess what? Same issues! I also spent hard currency on speed camara update! guess what? same issues!

I have installed an 8 gig memory card, so space can't be an issue????

I saved the old maps onto my computer and istalled the new maps etc onto the memory card.

I am so confused about all this and on the TT website there seems to be no help available???

I found this forum via google.

Help, help, please help, maddness waiting for me just around the corner!

Tel: **************

Regards

David

Last edited by a moderator:
David, I can give you a ring later as I am also UK based but first of all can you tell us what software version and map version you have installed to the device, start the unit up without it connected to the PC and tap the sat strength bar in the lower right corner, on the next screen is a small box on the right that is labeled "version" tap this, the resulting screen will offer lots of information but I need to know the software version (should be something like v8,351) and the Map Name/ version (should be Western_Europe v845) - Mike

Ask a Question