720 help asap on price and maps

got mine off amazon yesterday for 330 shipped brand new...plus signed up for their credit card making my total $300...since coming on here and reading that u can get voice recognition to work...i scrapped the 920t idea and jumped into the 720

What place did you order from??

cheapest price I can find is 349.00 with Amazon

I was ordering from broadway photo till I read all the terrable feedback they have on all web site reviews of the store every one is a 2 or lower out of 10 and did not find one good thing said. 113 total reviews 109 were negative

read here http://reviews.pricegrabber.com/broadway-photo/r/314/

RFI4U you must have been lucky as I have read it taking weeks for the order to ship and then the bill comming in hundreds of dollars higher. Watch or check out how you paid for it and make sure they did not pull this with you.

What place did you order from??

cheapest price I can find is 349.00 with Amazon

I was ordering from broadway photo till I read all the terrable feedback they have on all web site reviews of the store every one is a 2 or lower out of 10 and did not find one good thing said. 113 total reviews 109 were negative

read here http://reviews.pricegrabber.com/broadway-photo/r/314/

RFI4U you must have been lucky as I have read it taking weeks for the order to ship and then the bill comming in hundreds of dollars higher. Watch or check out how you paid for it and make sure they did not pull this with you.
there was a lady that put it up for sale for $350...i emailed her and asked her to call me...she did and i offered her $330 shipped...she agreed, changed the price and i purchased it through amazon...and like i said...i signed up for their credit card which give u $30 off ur first purcchase....

ShopDigitalCorp has it for 339 and they seem to be the same way. I have read reviews and they send open box items and after they get a bad rating they offer better product for the person to offer a better rating. I saw about 30 ratings edited.

I will just keep looking I guess. I have a TT1 so no hurry here.

My family purchased the TomTom Go 720 unit for me at Sam's Wholesale Club for $349.00 for Christmas. They thought it would make a great gift for me to use on my Ultra.

ToadsUltra07

Just read it can be used over and over for the 30 days to get the latest maps. Man I wish I knew that when I bought my TT1 and was on vacation for 2 weeks after so in hence I lost 2 full weeks of updates.

Nah, map updates are few and far between. Mapshare updates and poi updates are not limited by 30 day guarantee. You likely missed nothing.

I found the item listed HERE at everyprice.com where it said they had over
5000 reviews tho I only found about 100.
A few negatives and a lot of positives.. can't please everyone I
guess. I will admit that I was on hold for maybe 10-15 minutes waiting for
someone to pick up and while that does erk me a bit, it's not uncommon for a
lot of vendors in my experience. The other thing that made me feel better
about ordering form them was that they actually have a physical address
listed HERE(yellowbook.com) with a working local number for their retail store.

I checked my invoice and also looked at my bank account and the amount
billed and withdrawn from my account was exactly the amount I was told.
The item arrived the next day as promised in a sealed box placed inside a
padded outer box well protected.

I suppose the only thing I did out of the ordinary was to actually call them to
confirm they had the item in stock and I then placed the order over the phone
as opposed to just doing it online.
I guess all I can say is that for me they did a good.
I'm not trying to be a spokesman for them, convince anyone of anything, or
anything like that.
I'm just telling my experience as a first time customer with them.
I guess someone else's mileage may vary.

RFI4U I am really glad it worked out for you:cool: . I had it ready to click place order as all imfo was filled out and credit imfo also then went looking for a coupon to maybe save a few dollars and saw the reviews. I just could not chance it with 330.00 I work very hard for so I just passed on that great price. I went to sams club here and they have it for 349.00 so my aunt is picking me up one tomarrow as I do not have the membership and this way I can exchange it if defective easier also.

Thanks for sharing this info, broadway photo seems to have some very good prices, however I have to agree with racefan, being able to return it to Sam's if anything is wrong is the way I would prefer to do it. Both places have excellent prices on this device. :confused: got me thinking :confused: possible 720 in the near future.

RFI4U I am really glad it worked out for you:cool: . I had it ready to click place order as all imfo was filled out and credit imfo also then went looking for a coupon to maybe save a few dollars and saw the reviews. I just could not chance it with 330.00 I work very hard for so I just passed on that great price. I went to sams club here and they have it for 349.00 so my aunt is picking me up one tomarrow as I do not have the membership and this way I can exchange it if defective easier also.

For $20 I don't blame you one bit, I too will usually opt for a walk-in purchase if the price is really close. I didn't know Sam's had them for sale so cheap, I don't have a membership there either.

For $20 I don't blame you one bit, I too will usually opt for a walk-in purchase if the price is really close. I didn't know Sam's had them for sale so cheap, I don't have a membership there either.
Heck, I didn't know Sam's had them at all. The stores in this region currently sell Garmin, HP, Lowrance, Magellan, Mio, Navigon and Sanyo, but no TomTom. They had just the 720 for $349.87 until recently, but haven't seen one in stock in the last visit or two. Was this a Christmas deal and they had some leftover inventory in some stores?

Last edited:
I was in our store yesterday and they had a huge display pallet of the fake cardboard pullouts you take to get the unit. There had to be 500 of them there so if they did not have any to sell there would not have been this whole pallet display on the floor. It may have been from christmas not sure but I just want the unit .

I will LYK later tonight when I get to see my Aunt to get my 720

Just got home with my 720 from Sams club. $349.99 plus tax :D have it on charge and just doing some reading on how to set up home. I am going to use the home I have for my TT1 and juet set up another account for now. I want to get the latest softwear in it first before I tweek to get the voice reconition on it.

Just finished the 710.1584 map download 1 hour 15 minute download (cable) and it installed smooth and never asked for anything to activate.

I have done the voice file also and works great.

I did not do the map share yet as I guess I have to scratch the code on back of upgrade page but it said I would need that number for the maps I though also?? I will do the map share tomarrow.

If I wait on the map share for a month till I will use unit more does it start from today or the day I turn mapshare on???????

Last edited:

Ask a Question