2.4 Home update just backfired on me

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I had not used my 720 in a few monts and was planning a buz trip this AM when Home requested I update to 2.4. So I did, and when I went ahead and restarted Home, it would not start. I keep getting a "component failure returned" message. Not sure but I think this means their server is down or will not recognize me somehow. Is anyone aware of this, should I be doing something at my end?

Thx

How were you trying to start Home, by the icon on the desktop?

If so, try to see if you can go to Start-->All Programs--> Home and see if you can start it that way.

Doesn't appear to be a server error; I just updated my device using 2.4 a few moments ago without problems.

I did have a component error when I first upgraded to 2.4 though. Upgrading the Map Share add-on in TT Home seemed to solve the problem.

There is no way for me to open Home. I tried directly from the TT folder on my computer, from the unit itself, from the tray icon. Now I am getting a "gApplication.deviceManager is null" error message.

With these messages I always get a blank TT Home screen with the options menu where I try to get in and it responds backs with a slew of errors. One got my attention. It says gOldFolder Settings is null. Does that mean anything to any of you.

Thx

This time I uninstalled 2.4 and re-installed 1.8 in the hopes everything would get back to normal. Yes I can work with 1.8, but there is no way to get 2.4 running. I downlaoded it at least 4 times, installed it and could not get it to start fully.

Pushing TT Home further into communicating with their server get's me this message: 101/#https://home.tomtom.com/redir/services: Error from server
Server function called: services
Error code: 101
URL: https://home.tomtom.com/redir/services

So now I don't know what to do.

Are you running a

big_mac.jpg
??

Not a Mac, but a PC with Vista.

Vista appears to be part of the problem. TTHome is likely not recognizing where my documents folder is.

Not a Mac, but a PC with Vista.

Vista appears to be part of the problem. TTHome is likely not recognizing where my documents folder is.

I use Vista 64-bit with no problems, ever.

I'm using Quad Core, SLI, 16GB ram, but I doubt hardware has anything to do with it..

Just a thought, but what sort of virus/firewall program do you have?

I have Zone Alarm, and with some downloaded programs I had to go into the options (program controls) and "allow" certain things access.

Cheers

Finally got service from TT at computer boot up this morning. It may have been either of TT not communicating right with my machine or my firewall not kicking in early enough to block TT from hitting the server. However since my computer goes through the same startup procedure every morning without exception, that my firewall is set to accept TT I opt for the TT server.

Plus the error message always mentionned this was not on my side of things but rather on the communication side.

Ask a Question